XFX 9800GTX PLUS - no HDMI

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Sprig, Aug 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    Perhaps they think a backwater country like NZ doesn't have HDMI?

Finally recieved my 9800GTX+ and there was no dvi-hdmi dongle included. its really annoying now i have to go out and buy one.

Worth complaining about to XFX?

2. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    also after reading a few posts on here. is 1080p not achievable through this card since it doesn't have a native hdmi port ?

3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    nope, DVI to HDMI is only able to support a 1080i resolution, though i question as to why you would have gotten such a "higher end" graphics card for a tv? doesn't make much sense to me, what you should have gotten is this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814261001

A media centers dream card essentially, everything you'd ever need for some time, that and it has PureVideo 3, something i'm not sure if the 9800 GTX+ has but i know the 9800 GTX doesn't have

4. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    wtf that is weird i got one with my extreme 9600GT lol

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    lower/medium end cards are more likely to have native HDMI due to the fact that's what many people get them for, almost no one gets higher end cards for HDMI to hook up to their TV's as they have monitors and more then likely if they are computer gurus they have a media center set aside for movies and whatnot

It's no surprise your 9600 GT has HDMI port, many do

Cards you'll more then likely see HDMI on are the Geforce #600 and lower and ATI's #650's and lower, but above those basic models you probably won't see it, not saying you absolutely won't see it ever because you could, but the likelyhood is lower

6. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    Man, i cant believe how big the card is!!! considering i stepped up from a 5600FX, the card is freaking huge !!!

I got the card purely for gaming, i have a rather small monitor thats the 9800 is wasted on, so i was curious what it would be like to game on my 32" tv

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    depends if it's 720p or 1080p, if it's 720, it won't be much over your monitor