Xfx 6950: Screen goes gray or blue, with stripes

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by illya, May 26, 2011.

1. Saad

Saad Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd Radeon 6970 crossfire
    first off thats a great system you put together :)

sounds like theres something wrong with the gpu...decrease the gpu clock by 50mhz..memory by atleast a 100mhz..turn up the fan..game and check if it fails/artifacts..

also the powersupply, corsair gs 600 has a single rail output at 48A..more than enough for a single 6950/stock i5 2500k system...hell my 6950 runs totally stable on my crappy 3 year old coolermaster 500watt powersupply...corsairs a much more reliable brand.

2. illya

illya Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6950 1GB
    I was thinking of that... I thought that a Corsair GS 600w would be enough... but maybe not.
    Need to try with another PSU and see what happens.

Thanks !

3. illya

illya Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6950 1GB
    Yes... I thought at first that 600w would be enough... but maybe not.
    I also want to check if there´s a problem with USB3 and Asus P8P67... maybe that´s causing the problem.

Thanks for the replys!

4. Oni29

Oni29 Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Any luck yet, as i said i had to RMA mine. Kept being told to try new drivers in the end they had to admit it was the card.

5. harikrish

harikrish New Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon hd 6950
    Try increasing the idle clock frequency to around 400 mhz, it fixed my problem

6. adspie

adspie New Member

GPU:
    AMD 6950 1GB
    Hi I have the same issue with OP i have AMD HD 6950 1GB DDR5. I ahve already replaced my MOBO,PSU & RAM except Video card , I had random or intermittent OSOD,RSOD,GSOD,BSOD & BSOD without text.

RSOD
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    BSOD

OSOD
    [​IMG]

Is this Faulty Video Card?please advice TIA

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    My first 6950 that I had was a 1GB and it had all the same problems if you can return the card and get a 2GB card the one gig cards tend to have a bios problem that causes random 2d crashes to the screens that you are having you could try flashing a new bios but do so at your own risk the one gig 6950's normaly don't have the dual bios switch.