XFX 6800nu FLASHED TO ASUS 6800GT!!!???

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Xinsui, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nunchucka

nunchucka Master Guru

GPU:
    X1800XTPE

2.2ns ram has a rated speed of max 910mhz. so 1100mhz isnt really a speed it should get to easy with DDR or DDR3 ram. you would need 2.0ns at least and then some luck. my 1.6ns samsung DDR3 reaches 1200mhz but i wouldnt run it at that 24/7 unless i was under some water cooling. i have it at 1120mhz. i think alot of people in this thread should go read up on what the real difference is between DDR1 and DDR3.

2. don-vercetti

don-vercetti Master Guru

GPU:
    Connect3d Radeon X1800XT 256mb
    mainly voltage isn't it? DDR3 has far lower volts, that's about it.

3. Xinsui

Xinsui Guest

skazz...shut up...my sh-it works fine, it's not an LE. And yes, i would return it if it did not unlock. But i don't have that problem....

go peddle your BS somewhere else.

I do what it takes to get the best deal, STICK IT TO THE MAN!!!! HE'S GOT THE MONEY!

4. Xinsui

Xinsui Guest

SKAZZ- PS, your computer sucks, get the he*ll out of here.

5. Xinsui

Xinsui Guest

o yeah, and DON, NICE CHIP, 2.51 out of an 1800+.....impressive........ thats way better than what skazz has.

6. oc-nighthawk

oc-nighthawk Active Member

GPU:
    GF6800GT/SoftQuadro FX 4000
    You sir are a fool if you think by flashing the bios chip with a new piece of software you have somehow upgraded your ram to better ram. DDR3 is more expensive so why would a manufactuter put more expensive ram on the board and sell the card for cheap? Does that sound like a sound business plan to make money?

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    Oh grow up, willya?! The right to post here is not based on rigs or the size of your ego. By resorting to such talk, you've only shown your level of maturity, or lack there of. My rig spanks yours silly, yet I don't resort to such childish antics. I've noted that in your sig, you've refused to delete the GDDR3 part, though you've conceded that it's not GDDR3. :rolleyes: FYI, Hynix are makers of excellent ram, but, I'm afraid you get what you paid for, right?:rolleyes:

Edit : About 'sticking it to the man'.....RMA cost has to come out of someone's pocket. If many 6800NU owners do as you do, flash their cards, and they kill it in the process....they just reflash back and RMA the card....simple, right? Well, if too many do it, what's gonna happen? It doesn't take an economist to figure out who's gonna get 'stuck' in the end.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  8. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    Thats if he can get the card to work at all long enough to flash it after busting it.

9. Xinsui

Xinsui Guest

1. i never said that by flashing my bios, that it would make my ram better, that would be dumb.....come on now.

2. OOPS. forgot to take my GDDR3 tag off...sorry.

3. I never said that my rig was better than anyones...i said that skazz's computer sucks, and it does, and because you bruaght it up, yes i do have a better computer than skazz so i can say that. But i was not going to say that.

4. sorry, some of you guys piss me off sometimes, it seems like everyone is always trying to be an expert. I like to think of myself as an enthusiest. i have been working in computers sence i was 12, i am 22 now. Hardware is my thing, it's what i like, and love to work with. How about a little more fact from people, all i here is "it's not GDDR3"!! explain youtselfs a little more.

and last but not least 5. What i paid for was a 6800nu. What i got was a 16x6 350/800 scorcher for 270 bucks. and yes...your rig spanks mine, but i bet i make it to the game screen faster than you MIKEY!!!

10. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    Maybe but I get there quicker considering my system drive array is a raid 0 array of two 37GB 15,000 rpm SCSI drives on a dedicated 133MHz PCI-X bus.:)

11. Martys Web

Martys Web Don Santino Corleone

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    Ok he is banned so everyone just forget him..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.