XFX 5700XT and Anno

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by 0blivious, Jun 6, 2020.

1. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT/ 1070/ RX580
    I just last week got an XFX 5700XT Thicc III (triple fan one, not "ultra" though). It's been fantastic. All games have been perfectly fine. Red Dead 2, Witcher 3, older games, etc. Dozens of titles, no problem. Until today with a game I just bought.

Anno 1800 is not working.

I have had 2 directx errors. 1st time was set on DX12 and it crashed while playing the 1st mission video. The next time, I had set it to DX11 and it made it further, but it crashed after about a minute of actual gameplay. Both times were to desktop, both with direct X errors.

It's on ultra/high settings,
    3440x1440.
    Running 20.42 driver.
    *my 1st AMD card in 14 years (coming from a gtx1070)

Any ideas why this would be happening? Is there any particular setting that I should be focusing on?

2. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT/ 1070/ RX580
    Restarted PC. All is fine now. :oops:

Anno's installation didn't ask for a restart but it broke something when it installed. Other games stopped working too. I blame EGS. Or Ubisoft.

3. ECR

ECR New Member

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700XT
    i Have it and it runs fine use the DDU unistaller for drivers in safe mode then check windows display make sure your monitor setting is at right MHz mine was set at 60hz set it to your monitor specs mine was 144hz

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Probably ran VC++ runtimes in the background and some software was using whatever version it tried to install so forcibly uninstalling and then trying to install the runtime left files until reboot could properly sort it out and if it was a silent background process you wouldn't get any prompts short of maybe finding VC++ exe files in the Windows prefetch folder dated around the time the game was installed or first ran.

I use Abbodi's repack for those and if the browser (Firefox) isn't first manually closed down it'll simply prompt for doing so or requiring a reboot as it locks a few files in use when it's running to provide one example. :)