Xfi Extreme Music "What u hear "aunavailable?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Canadianguy, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    I'm running Audacity (the latest), I like to record what you hear through this program. it has been always working fine. Now getting error message 9985 (device unavailable)? Everything is set to MME 16 bit 44100, I recorded something everything fine, tried again and got this error. I read try setting everything to 48100, i did and it worked but after that recording it went back to unavailable. So set back to 44100 and unavailable. How is it changing that fast? Like 5 min...

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

This is so frustrating lol

Xfi Extreme Music
    Danial K.4.0 Drivers
    Windows 10 64 bit

Untitled 1.jpg Untitled.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    danielk drivers are not windows 10 compliant.

3. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    I've been using them and they have been fine since January, this just started a week ago! What are u talking about exactly?

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    working=/=compliant

what changed in the last week?

5. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    It was working fine...at first I was recording from my turntable had to tweak in Audacity a few things and it recorded amazing. Then last week switching things back to mostly default. Then i set up for what u hear recording and started getting the error message, I finally got to record one thing, then 5 min later it's back to error 9985. The only other thing i did, I read was to go into the services.msc then Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, then click Restart. The follow the on-screen instructions. after that i had a static sound coming from speakers, it went away, so obviously didn't work, but now still get error. It seems if you get it to work 5 min later changes back!

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Don't mind them... Have you tried reinstalling the drivers? I don't know maybe try going back to a restore point when it last worked?

7. Canadianguy

Canadianguy Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GT 710 2G
    I went into it this morning and all of a sudden everything is fine for what u hear, just doesn't make no sense!

I was thinking of reinstalling...but let's see how it goes. See what I mean everything is fine now....no sense

Cheers

error 9985.jpg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  8. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Sounds to me like the mic was used by another application. Which could be discord, uplay, steam ... whatever

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It wasn't a mic problem.