[XF]nVIDIA ForceWare 177.66

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by me3850, Jul 13, 2008.

1. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    yeah, I can also say the same... all my games run great. these driver are the best I've tried lately.

2. Broseybrose

Broseybrose Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    i find these drivers to be the most impressive. were they originally intended to be used with G80 or did someone mod them?

3. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    Same thing happen to me with EVERY driver that I tried....in windows XP SP3 I cannot finish 1 single game.....in Vista 64 crashs are random.maybe after a few games, maybe after a few minutes.....the problem is not the drivers, IS THE GAME!!!......the only solution that I found is to lower the clock of my XFX 8800GT to 500/700 and then it works fine.........try it. Hopes that it helps.
    Alx

4. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    Problem is with the BIOS of the XFX cards. My 8800GT AlphaDog sucked until I replacced the BIOS with a modded EVGA 8800GT Bios. Now it is stable as can be. I'm using the SC bios and can send you my moddded BIOS if you want.

XFX really need to get their crap together here as the cards are fine but their BIOS sucks big time. Will deter me from buying another XFX product in future. Before I modded the EVGA BIOS on my XFX Card I was blue screening left right and centre. I thought Vista was the cause but it wasn't. You can get the card running at good clocks as well.

PM Me if you want the BIOS and use NVFlash to use it.

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    They were originaly intended to be used with the GTX 200 series, but was modded for most cards. It was to fix a 3d clock speed issue, where in some rare cases the cards would throttle down to 2d mode while in some 3d applications....mainly a select few games.

While it works for some people, it doesnt for others, thus why it was leaked.

6. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    Thanks for your help blitze, but my warranty time has ended and I don´t want to try a BIOS from another brand on my XFX card for just ONE game (crysis, grid, bioshock.....all works just fine, thank god)....like I said before, if I lower the clocks from stock 640/950 to 500/700 WE8, PES2007, WE9KLE and PES2008 works PERFECT....I´ve made some profiles with RT and this is a win/win combination :D
    Sorry for my poor english...I´m not Ken Lee, but sometimes is difficult to make me understand.
    Thanks again blitze. :)
    Alx

PS. if someone doesn´t know Ken Lee, you MUST see this ;)
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBxeoNTXOm8

7. mykvega

mykvega New Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 8500 GT
    Better than OEM Drivers!

I have a pretty modest graphic card for my everyday use, an Inno3d Geforce 8500GT. But still with modesty comes inner hardcore... I have been trying to OC that card since I got it, but it holds at just Core 600 and Mem at 380 (Original 459/333). I decided to try out the latest drivers from 3dGuru, v177.66 & Fware 163.75, and would you know, I was able to max out the settings from Rivatuner to Core clock 690 and Memory clock 450 until it freaked out on me. So it's all about the drivers. Great work on the new drivers!

8. JorGul

JorGul Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix Vega 56
    Tried them on a rig with 9600GT and Intel E2180.
    Got some nice FPS boost in GRID.

9. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    Just to let you know, running Core 675, Shader Clock 1750, and Mem Clock 975 and very stable in Vista x64. Just the XFX Bios is Crap.

10. Pelzimus

Pelzimus Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB
    Am I the only one using standby-mode for monitor or hasn't this occured to anyone else with these drivers? After playing any game WinXP somehow "forgets" that monitor should be turned off after X minutes.

This is fixed simply by going display properties -> screen saver -> power and pressing OK without doing any changes. Quite annoying.

11. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
  12. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    seems there is stuttering in AAO.

13. rgnuyda

rgnuyda Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI560GTX Ti Twin Frzr2OC
    This driver is useless. I installed it and all it did was screw up my gaming. I'm back to 175.19 fixed version, and works like a dream.

14. linyanti

linyanti Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX Founders C
    177.79, 177.73 and 177.70 are much worse for me than this one

177.66 allows me much higher gpu overclocks than the newer three drivers.

I am sticking with this one and maybe trying the official Aug 5 release. Maybe.