XCM Keyboard/mouse accessory for 360

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by trapiLales, Dec 19, 2006.

1. trapiLales

trapiLales Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 7900Gt
    I was looking at the XCM XFPS 360 accessory for the 360 and i was curious to hear people's reactions on it. (it's not out yet btw, first week of January i think but you can pre-order it from some places)

I'm a PC gamer myself ...i own the 360 and I must admit that i hate using the controller for FPS games. But at the same time i feel that if I was to buy this, it would put me at a clear advantage over other players.
    Most of my friends say they don't like it because it would unbalance the field too much.
    Right now i think it's a bit overpriced at $80, but if it drops in price at about half that, and the reviews for it are good...i don't know...i might just get me one.
    If nothing else, just so i can stop making an ass of myself online...
    Thoughts???

2. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    If I get an xBox 360, Im going to get one of these. Playing an FPS game without a mouse/keyboard is like playing basketball using an American football.

The only thing I want to know is if/how you can change the keybindings. Im sure theres a way otherwise it would be stupid.

As for unbalancing, what stopping them from buying it? You spent the cashola to play the game how YOU want to play it, so its up to you. Not your fault if you pwn all the noobs that are still using a controller :p

3. Pupp3tmast3r

Pupp3tmast3r Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Why would you want to connect a PS2 controller to the 360 btw? I was looking at the pictures and saw that was a possibility too. If I had a 360 I wouldn't get one of these though. I play FPS games on PC, I'd get a 360 for the other types of games.

4. egorn5

egorn5 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 7950GX2 "Superclocked"550/1400
    whats the point of thisthing really? Imean if youhave a USB mouse and keyboard,then you can just plug themdirectly into the xbox USBsockets anyway?? lol

5. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    Yah, that doesn't work because the game doesn't have profile for allowing to use kb/m....
    This product assigns keys from the 360 controller to the mouse and keyboard....

6. egorn5

egorn5 Banned

GPU:
    okay,but that is f*** up!still; at least you cshould be able to totally customise the FPS "typical" controls (i.e W,S,A,D movement keys)

7. trapiLales

trapiLales Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 7900Gt
    you can't use a mouse/keyboard connected through usb in any games...it doesn't work like that (it'd be nice if it would though...)

Well the problem is that most developers are dropping support for the PC and developing exclusively for the consoles.
    If a game is for multiple platforms, i usually go for the PC version, but some games you simply can't get for the PC.
    Call of Duty 3 and Gears of War are a few examples of games that i would've liked to play on the PC but couldn't.

8. egorn5

egorn5 Banned

GPU:
    headr cod3 wasn't all that, but Gears of War, that game is the f*** nuts,playing that on my 40" HDTV is better than any similer PC game....actually there isn't really a similer pc game lol

9. Pupp3tmast3r

Pupp3tmast3r Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Gears Of War is coming to PC though, right? I'm gonna try it at a friends house next week, he just bought his 360 :)

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I think you'll like it, and I also think that it'll never be as good on the PC. Sure, it might look better (maybe), but it won't have the same feel to it.

11. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    The KB/M thing won't work the way everyone would imagine. It still has the "anologue stick lag" so you can't move the cursor any faster with the mouse. You will only be able to have better control over it.
    The original XBox had one and it was good but not the godsend everyone hoped for. This one should be a quality product fot what it does but I'll wait for the reviews and a store that has a 30 day return policy to carry it before I add it to my list of accessories.

12. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    You can always speed up the controller sensitivity to decrease the "lag."

13. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    True but that will only go so far. It's the way the stick works as opposed to the way a mouse works. The stick gives a dirrection for the pointer to move and the pointer stops when the stick is released. The mouse tells the pointer how far to move and stops when the mouse stops. If you try to use the mouse as a stick you have to compensate the stick movement for the mouse movment and it gets "laggy" and sloppy. It takes getting used to is all and should be better than the anaologue stick after a few games.
    I hope that makes sence. Sorry for the confussing explanation but it's the best one I can come up with right now.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  14. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    Wrong again. its going to have the same feel because one its coming for vista and two, everyone knows vista will support 100% of the xbox 360 gamepad. so pretty much, u will get the same game as xbox 360 but better res and better speed.

when i play rainbow six with xbox 360 pad on vista, its the same as xbox 360 but with out AA and 5% of slow speed which is not bad since its a port.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  15. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    im worried that no games will support this, making it an 80 dollar waste :behead:

16. LAN*bowL

LAN*bowL Guest

GPU:
    Asus strix gtx1080
    sounds like a stupid gimmick.
    mouse movment has to be developed into the game.
    if you try to emulate it you will have lag and other problems im sure.

17. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    yup my worry exactly. if not implemented properly it will suck

18. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900

OMG you are so right, i didnt think of that, it just wont have the same free movment of a mouse, itll be just as slow as a controller, well im gutted now :(

19. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    Just wait and see I guess. Soon enough people who actually bought it will let us know what they think.

If it does work well, Microsoft may update the console to reject it anyway.

20. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I doubt it will work *well*. It will work but so does a my old Pentium 2. I just doesn't do what I would like to do with it. If you know what I mean.