Xbox360 or PS3?which is better

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by eshban, Jan 9, 2007.

1. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Microsoft claimed the 360's games would all support 4x AA then they said it was 2x AA. Finally once the 360 was released none of the demos had any AA in them at all and everyone was like "uhhhh". I still havent played a 360 game and seen any AA in use, including: Prey, COD3, Madden 07, XMen and a few others.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  2. easy2007

easy2007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX470 4GB
    so wots that suppose to mean the ps3 is running on the equilivant of a 7800gt i would like to see it run trilinear at 1080p lol. that would be funny maybe 10 fps.

3. mason666

mason666 Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 9800GTX 512MB
    You're a fanboy in there prime, love it :), and no I'm not anti MS I own and love my 360... I just hate to see people like you slate the other machines

P.S sorry to bring myself to the level where I'm arguing in a thread that's meant to have a point/help someone with a decision

4. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I only own two games at the moment. GoW and nba 2k7(sold ghost recon and oblivion, both had aa). gears I don't think has aa because epic said unreal3 doesn't support aa yet but it sure looks like it does. I think they used a real nice depth of field trick to simulate aa. nba 2k7 on the other hand definitely has aa. The game looks smooth as butter. The reason early games don't have aa is that the game engine has to support the edram(which is new to games), and most games on 360 are using old game engines. I guess they can be modified but thats up to the developer. Almost every game I play anymore has aa in it, remember the games are 1280x720. On my pc screen at 1680x1050 with 4xaa i can still see jaggies slightly. You can't totally get rid of the jaggies unless you are supersampling which is unrealistic even for a 8800gtx(don't quote me on that one, it may be able to do it).

5. easy2007

easy2007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX470 4GB
    no im not a fan buy of ms. i just know wot sony put in there ps3 in terms of graphics. orginally sony wsa going to get from nvidia the equilivant of two 6800u's in SLI. btu then they up it to the equilivant of to 7800gt's in sli which quite franly for a next gen console is appauling. yes i know in previous post i said or made it sound like the ps3 only has 1 7800gt but i meant 2.

6. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    wrong. it does have only one. two 7800gt's would equal close to a 8800gts and sony can't afford that(woulda been nice) and nvidia can't supply them. It basically comes down to a 7800gt with half the bandwidth vs. a mid-range r600 with lower bandwidth but who knows how much, it has the edram and unified memory to make up for it though..

7. OATKK

OATKK Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1 GB
    All of you guy were wrong about RSX .Yes it's the same technology with G70 But a lot of environments are difference RSX has 137 Shader operation not 24 like G70 and the RMD memory are powerful than GDDR4.In face is RSX is more powerful than G80 also .

8. easy2007

easy2007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX470 4GB
    no ur way wrong 2 7800gt's are about 70% of the performance of an 880gts if that . and i distinctly remember the announcement form nvidia at the e3 conference that they had but 2 7800 gpus in SLI in the ps3.

9. Saucy

Saucy Master Guru

GPU:
    6800 Silencer5 (16x1,6vp, 425/1147)
    These comparisons to retail graphics cards are stupid. RSX is far superior to a 7800gt, and Xenos is not a R600. RSX is capable of 136 shader opperations per clock but only 8 ROPs, making it completely unlike any retail card. Xenos is capable of even more, 160 to be precise. But again, it is paired with 8 ROPs. Not not mention the integrated DRAM unit; I'd like you to find that on a R600.

Truthfully, games on the PS3 and 360 will look THE SAME for years to come. The 360 respin makes it even closer because each will be able to display in 1080p. So enough of this ignorant fanboy garbage. You people need to get your facts right if you are going to try to argue hardware supperiority.

-Saucy

10. allstopp

allstopp Banned

GPU:
    8800GTX SLI
    I'm sorry, but what are you on? Yes the 360 does in fact do AA.

11. allstopp

allstopp Banned

GPU:
    8800GTX SLI
    maybe you should take your own advice? Did I cures at you? The fact still remains that even if you did buy the $200 HD-DVD player the system would still cost less than your PC, and furthermore it is not required to play ANY games. It's only a stand alone DVD player.

Overrated? You are just sounding foolish now.

12. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Calm down guys, people should just buy and play whatever they like, just don't go fanboy crazy on others attempting to justify your purchase. I guess you can't expect that in these sort of threads though, but a mature discussion for once would be nice.

Remember, everyone hates fanboys, no exceptions.

13. allstopp

allstopp Banned

GPU:
    8800GTX SLI
    This is exactly my point. Yes my PC is capable of "better" picture quality, but the price you have to pay to get it is astronomical when compared to the cost of a console. But my PC has a lot of untapped power that the PC gaming market has yet to unleash. Which is my point, there is currently nothing that looks as good graphically on the PC when compared to Gears of War. I'm sure Crysis or Alan Wake will change that but they are both a long ways off and the price you will have to pay to play those games at high setting will be significantly higher than the cost of any console.

Also Saucy, my monitor is a widescreen 24" LCD that displays at 1920x1200 ;)

14. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    PCs arent just for gaming or even close.

15. allstopp

allstopp Banned

GPU:
    8800GTX SLI
    Agreed, but that's not what we are debating.

16. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    then you cant argue direct comparisons in price

17. allstopp

allstopp Banned

GPU:
    8800GTX SLI
    But we can argue comparisons in graphics which is what we are doing. And given that a current top of the line PC video card alone costs more than a console, the price vs performance in a gaming sense still stands.

18. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    So comparing prices on bleeding edge computer graphic technology to a console that has been out for over a year makes sense?

19. Orlandoech

Orlandoech Master Guru

GPU:
    Kingston HyperX 8GB SO
    X360 imo.... by far too

20. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    My point is, that for some of us there is no choice, I have to decide whether to build a new PC, which can be used for more than just games or blowing my wad on a 360 or PS3, which I still say are overrated, all consoles are when they first come out.

But, for you, by looking at your profile, you have money to burn, so having a kick-a$$ PC and brand spankin' new console means nothing to you.