Xbox360 or PS3?which is better

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by eshban, Jan 9, 2007.

1. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    What the sweet f*ck. Your computer is future proofed about as much as you can future proof a pc. Woe to my pc.

2. allstopp

allstopp Banned

GPU:
    8800GTX SLI
    I'm not sure I understand? I agree that my PC is rather excessive but I only spent that much so I would not have to keep upgrading every 6 months. I'm trying to get some mileage out of this one (hopefully 2 years) I was only pointing out that you can spend as much money as I did and still fall short of the graphic quality that is currently on offer from a system costing a tenth as much. Do I think that PC graphics will surpass consoles? Without a doubt, and I'll be there enjoying them, but today is not that day......

3. OATKK

OATKK Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1 GB
    I have the both of those I connect them to my 24" monitor @ 1080p .I found that PS3 give me better clear graphic than XBOX360 At the same res.

But I love 360 for now because "Lost planet and Gear of war" but when the FFXIII come that may be I'll change my mine.

4. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I almost bought the ps3 many times....
    I cant find a HDMI cable here....
    So no HD gaming on a Console being ranted over it's HD capabilities , your panning so much money for the ps3 and it doesn't come with a HMDI cable..
    All the games you play run looking horrible...
    Cant find a Sony Component Cable !!!
    We're talking about sony this is it's business , it's not short on HDMI or even Component cables...but then why would they do this to their own console...

My friend didn't listen and got him self one....haha..
    I dont see no smiles on his face.....lol
    Trust me you wont have a smile on your face after playing crap like Ridge Racer @ 480p
    It turns out that games running @ 480p on the Xbox 360 dont look any where near as horrible as they do on the PS3...
    Games on the ps3 @480p look extremely pixelated ...
    Trust me I'm not making that up , Need For Speed Carbon looked just like it would on the ps2..

The ps3 will be worth buying later on..not at all now....
    Buy the Xbox360 , its loaded with excellent games...

5. OATKK

OATKK Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1 GB
    u right why. sony does not give us HDMI or Component cable in ps3 box ?

6. Saucy

Saucy Master Guru

GPU:
    6800 Silencer5 (16x1,6vp, 425/1147)
    I'm playing GOW on a 48' 1080i hdtv and it is simply amazing. It pwns anything my pc can do (obviosly) and currently no games for the PS3 can touch it either. I suppose a pc like allstopp's playing Vegas at 2560x1600 would look better, but a setup like that would cost you 5 times as much as a 360 plus the aforementioned tv.

-Saucy

7. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Id say the xbox 360 - The Ps3 is just a load of new "Technology" which is 1) useless and 2) expensive, and will never take off (of course im talking blueray here) - the games for the Xbox are much better at the moment, and the PS3's "Multiplayer functionality" sucks!

8. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 4GB
    It's not that I don't think BluRay wont go anywhere, but a uni-format BluRay player may well not. With hybrid-written discs and dual-reading drives, it might be obsoleted before it even has a chance to catch on. I myself would prefer a 360 over a PS3 for GoW and eventually Halo 3. PS3 is to overpriced as others have mentioned, and its only real selling point to me is MGS4. Don't make it about hardware or whether you have a 20" SDTV or 46" HDTV, make it about the price of the console and it's games.

(side-note: please don't buy either if you have a 20" SDTV)

9. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The ps3 game I'm intrested in is Armored Core...
    asides that..

You already have GRAWF , Grears of War , PGR3 , Geometry Wars , Table tennis , Lost Planet , Test Drive Unlimited as extremely special titles for the Xbox360...

Plus , you have GRAWF 2 , PGR 4 , Halo 3 , Too Human , Mass Effect , as monster titles on their way this year..
    I dont see how Sony will beat any of those games in their sector..

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  10. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I just get astonished when I see a sig like that. It's jealousy but not bad jealousy you know?. I would love to have a system like that right now. Basically yeah, I was just saying you are set for about (like you said) 2 yrs. I plan on having something similar come income tax time and am jones'ing for it lol. :bounce:

11. easy2007

easy2007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX470 4GB
    ps3 is **** buy an xbox360 not only is the 360 cheaper but the hardware is better. andno one bother to argue with me coz ill cream u. i know way to much about pc hardware for someone to say a ps3 is better. that just makes me laugh lol.

12. shodai

shodai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7950gt 550/1400 w/vf900
    They're the same. ._.

Nobody can even tell the difference between the two systems running the same game on the same tv. Only difference is the PS3 can't upscale.

13. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Damn dude, chill the f**k out, I just meant they are overrated ond overpriced, all consoles are when they first come out, not to mention all of the damn extras you have to buy just to get it going. Hell, if you want HD DVD on the 360, you have to buy a $200 add-on. And the PS3 is just hype, it's not what it should have been.

But hey, if you want to blow your money on them, go ahead, I'd rather save for a new computer, not all of us have s**t loads of money to throw around.

14. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    and the ps3 gfx lack. Let's see...no hdr+aa(lol?), less available memory=less graphical things on screen, ummm 7800gt vs. mid-range r600, custom dx api(360) = "almost" dx10, and I'm like easy2007 I know alot about the hardware also and 360 actually owns the ps3(graphically). We'll see about the cpu side if they ever actually take advantage of those spu's on ps3. Other than that, the ps3 is an underachiever.

15. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    You do realize that the 360 doesnt do AA too, right?

Also its known through out the hardware community that the PS3 has potential for better graphics with its hardware; it will just be harder to program with how its set up.

16. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Before this thread gets closed, I just want to say that both the PS3 and Xbox 360 are extremely capable consoles, and at this point in time, users should be more concerned with which one has better games than which one is 2 fps more powerful. The Xbox 360 has an advantage in this regard, since it was released earlier. Asking which console is "better" should be answered not by stating their technical specifications, but by stating which has a better selection of games. It seems to me that people get way too caught up in looking at the consoles' specs, whereas they should be concentrating on what you actually play: the games! The platform (tool) that you play the games with shouldn't matter as long as it's capable of decent visuals and good gameplay (which both consoles surely are).

17. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    haha, your hilarious! Tell some more. :look: The 360 has a friggin early r600 in it. Let's be real.

I will give you this. Both systems will look better in two years. It's just that the 360 will advance farther than ps3 will. It's a hardware/software fact. The only thing that would stop it would be the devs because they don't want to favor one console over the other(like what happened with xbox 1).

18. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Well, for me the gfx capabilities DO matter. example: cod3 on ps3 = capped 30fps with frequent slowdowns. cod3 on 360 = capped 60 fps with rare slowdowns. Since I hate slowdowns in the middle of battle the ps3 version just doesn't cut it. There's quite abit more than 2 fps difference there.

Lol, anybody remember ken kutaragi's speech when he said the ps3 will do 120 fps? They lie so much I can't take it anymore. What happened to killzone being real too? lol I quit.

19. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Show me one example of the 360 doing AA. As of now there is not one game that I know of on the 360 that shows it using AA.

20. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I don't know how I can show you unless you come to my house and look at it. Maybe I can find some in game screenies online somewhere.