Xbox360 newbie question

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by signex, Jun 6, 2009.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    hey all!
    End of the month im going to get a xbox360, im very excited about it :D
    can only get 1 game with it though :( got 2 choices, cod4 and codwaw.
    my friends have both cod4, and the other doesnt have codwaw, so ill prolly get cod4 :) gonna install it downstairs in our living room, there we have a HDTV :p pitfully i can't afford to get xboxlive gold membership after buying a xbox360 pro bundel, i was first thinking of getting xbox360 elite + RE5.
    i love the black skin :p ok now to my question lol, is it hard to get used to a controler? played few times at my friends house, was really hard for the first time :(

- Signex

2. Crazy_Dazy

Crazy_Dazy New Member

GPU:
    PowerColor 2GB HD4870X2
    u will get used to it after time. But if, like me, u play alot of PC FPS games then be prepared to die alot. You will never ever get the same "freeness" of a mouse when aiming and turning around. On console you will get shot in the back so many times and you will never have enough time to turn around and shoot back you just dont have the speed even if you turn up the speed in the options. Plus aiming is a pain in the ass on consoles you will never have the precision that a mouse can give you. Head shots will be a rarity. I dont hate consoles just think that FPS games are much better suited to PC. Analogue sticks still give a game that 2D feeling when moving.

3. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    No, the controllers for the Xbox 360 are some of the best of the current generation ergonomically and in a gaming sense. Once you start playing games on your 360 you will (hopefully) begin to love the controller design more and more with time. For the choice of games, I would say go with COD4 since your friends have it. Also, don't go for the Elite 360 120GB over the Pro 360 60GB just for the black color. It isn't really worth the extra money if you don't plan on filling more than 60GB of the 120GB hard drive. Another thing! I just remembered, when you first create your Gamertag/Profile on your 360 they let you use Xbox Live Gold for a month for free before reverting to the standard Silver service. If you have any more questions or concerns just ask us. I've had my Elite 360 since September or 2006 and I have loved every minute of it. Peace!

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Hehe i won't pick the elite 360. then i can't get cod4 anyway... my budges is 300 euro's. if i get 360 pro i still can pick a game, im glad that i get 1 month free xbox live gold :p else i had to wait another month to get it, sinds im still at school without a job =/ i hate that getting shot from behind that's so unfair :D i hope ill get used to it fast, i will play alot when i get it, quiet bored of PC atm... also planning to quit wow so, that's a good thing, i wanna spend alot of time behind the xbox360. also many good games to play that aren't released/yet for the PC

5. popcorn1

popcorn1 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    are you really on a tight budget? if not, consider the PS3.

its an overall better package with many great titles to come. the xbox 360 has seen the best of its days and things are only going to get better for the PS3 in the upcoming years since developers have already learned the PS3 very well.

im a PC gamer so i know the difference between gaming on a console and a PC is. i just bought Killzone 2 and its great.

watch these videos to know why the PS3 is better. there are 4 parts i think but theyre very interesting. if money is a problem or you have friends that own the xbox 360 then get it.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I'm getting xbox360 cause my friends owe one, so i don't want a ps3, and yeah im tight on budget badly :<

7. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    Do they have the 360 bundle that comes with 2 games in the UK? If so get that and then get COD4.

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    ive seen some bundles that cost same as an 360 w/o games any there?

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    youve an excellent rig, i only get exclusives for my PS3 for the simple reason that the PC versions look so much better. I do have GTA IV for the PS3 but im gonna get rid of it. Of course i understand if you wanna game with your mates, but for FPS + 360 pad, ewwww

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    if some1 is getting 360 why come and yell that the ps3 is better imo both consoles are equal both have good games and gfx on both atm are on the same level.

11. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    360 is a good choice but its slighty annoying that all the games are going to PC, its great for people who own both but sucks for 360 owners as the PC version is usually far better.

I play PS3 alot more these days because i just find it better to play(thats not to say the 360 isnt great to play, i just grew up with playstation) plus with all the great games ive played on it recently ive had no reason to play 360, i think this years E3 was great for sony. 360 has some great titles but most are on PC aswell.

But i agree with above, you cant really go wrong with either.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I've seen on bol.com xbox360+cod5 bundle, first i was going to get that, my mates considered to get 360 pro and buy cod4, i think i'm going for that.. i really cant wait to get my xbox360 :p i have to wait so long :( i'm really bored atm at my PC!

13. dshramek

dshramek Guest

Have you already played COD 4 on the pc? I suggest getting a different game. One you haven't played on the pc, maybe. Try Halo 3. I prefer sports/extreme sports games on the 360. Also, Racing games are pretty good on the 360, too.

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i agree

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yea i owe cod4 and 5 for the PC, i'm a HUGE cod freak :D i ordered the xbox360 today, i chose a payment option so i can pay at a later time when i get my money, it shud arrive tomorrow or the next day, i can't wait :D does xbox360 pro include xbox live gold membership for 1 month?

16. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I don't think it matters what version of the 360 you get. As long as you create a gamertag when you get to the 360's dashboard you should be offered 1 free month of gold xbox live service.

17. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Yh thats right, you can also blag the same console to use 3 different accounts and get 1 month free with each.

18. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    Recommended

I have own a 360 for the reason of playing console only exclusives. While when Modern Warfare 2 comes out ill get that for PC. I cant play FPS on Consoles. But this weekend me and my mate played RE5, and we enjoyed everymoment, so much fun to play, and we couldnt get of my 360. I also play alot of JRPG's, Lost Odessey and Infinite Undiscovery. Plus this is gonna be a good year for all gaming so why restrict yourself to one platform. Im planning on getting a PS3 for Uncharted 2 and God Of War 3. No wii though sadly, i feel that Nintendo have let down the hardcore gamer =[

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Damn nice :D is Bad Company worth getting? sinds it's only 30 euro's :p

20. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I loved bad company, one of the best online games i have ever played, although im not sure how many people still play it, i got to the top rank then gave up lol