Xbox360 ELITE is faster and better than previous xbox360s?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Mr.Bigtime, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Normally i would type this into my current old xbox360 topic but as i see people in game section dont bother at all to ask a question in a specific topic. they start new topic..anyway

As u know my old xbox360 60GB (white) was banned..so i got a xbox360 ELITE (black/elite)...

i started to play some old games that i played on my old white, on my black . bu iam note sure but it seems games r running more smooth. i googled net but some people claims there is no such a thing. black is faster than white.

buti can simple say hat in game named THE SABOTEUR, the scene in the very early times in game. two two guys r repairing their racing car in a house u know. and the lady takes their photo. in that scene the camera angle comes from up to down..and taking a good shot of the cars front..in that scene iam fcking sure that my white was giving FPS drop due cars front panels detailed surface...but as i see black played it smooth...

and the DRAGON AGE xbox360...i play it on PS3 too..and own it on PC too...PS3 version sckcs..stuttering, low performance..i tried it when it was out on my white...it was ok performance..but on black its very very smooth too..i dont get it..is this machine is optimized well or hardware is better than previous ones?

2. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    I think it is all in your head :p

but why were you banned?

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    so u trying to say that iam day dreaming? :D

i guess lol...

and why iam BANNED? OMFG...:bang:..becasue my xbox360 was modded...and this is modded too.. -_-:wanker::wanker::wanker:

4. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI

No i dont think it's faster but i like the fact that the power brick is now smaller and less noisey.

5. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Maybe you're new elite is a jasper unit.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    my previous one was FALCON..and this is jasper? i dont know..its made in 08/2009..or BOXED?

7. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Well it should be a jasper with that kind of date on it.#

look for this sort of info

Look for this info on the unit:
    Lot Number: 0843X
    Team: FDOU
    Manufacture Date: 10/23/2008
    PSU Output: 150W
    Console Power Rating: 12.1A <<< that indicates a jasper unit.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    there's no performance difference, however, between my two xboxs, when switching to hdmi, one does it far faster than the other

9. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    There are no difference between 360's, just cases hehe, ones black and ones white. People who say "Elite is faster" or "I have an Elite, it wont RRoD"... its all in their head because they don't know that it all depends on the insides. Just like saying, I have a black case computer and its faster than my white case'd computer lol.

Though in theory if you think about it, if you have a revision of the 360 unit, it will run cooler and what happens to a computer when its overheating? it starts to skip/slow down... If the unit is cool and doesnt heat up.. it runs..... smooth! :) But overall there isnt any difference in speed or else people on xbox live wouldnt be in sync.

As for Xenon -> Zephyr -> Falcon -> Jasper, you most likely have a Jasper if you bought it late late 2008, early 2009. My 360 is a Jasper unit bought during Spring 09.

There are two 150W PSU versions, one has the size of the original brick and one is much much smaller.

I remember when my old 360 started skipping/slow when it was overheating and before it RROD'ed on me, so if the unit is kept cooled then it will run at its optimum speeds :p.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    There may perchance, be a difference in the hard disks they use, and maybe the sabotuer uses some hard drive caching like halo 3.

or such

n ting

11. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Yeah, games such as Halo 3 actually does not benefit, rather performs worse when installed in the HD, mainly because the game was optimized to cache to the HD (before game installation was enabled) and it causes the game to 'cache' twice to the HD.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    mine is jasper..i verified it...hmm.anyway..everything is smooth..i like it :D

13. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    grats anyways man! btw been playing ps3 on a plasma. wow what a difference!

will be hard not to buy more games for ps3. no driver headaches!

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Lets play army of two this weekend. :) weneed to porgress. And with ur new plasma it will be ownage for u

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's likely the DVD drive in your old one had deteriorated somewhat, that's most likely what you're noticing.

16. BlooHook

BlooHook Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW SLI
    Microsoft isn't the kind of company to actually improve the hardware for their "better" version of consoles. So I'm sure it's just a difference in temps that makes it seem smoother. I know I felt the difference in performance once I got rid of my old Premium and "upgraded" to an Arcade last month.

17. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Only difference between a current 360 and an elite, it's black.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    short and simple. No. It just has faster fans to help with cooling it down better. Its still the same GPU and CPU nothing has changed really apart from faster fans, and a bigger HDD, oh and if you count the colour then that three things.

A mate of mine tried to tell me that the PS3 40GB was less powerful than the PS3 60GB model. Trying to tell me that the graphics were less superior. I just laughed in his face and said the only difference is that the 40GB can not play PS2 games and the HDD is smaller. That's it.

19. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    There's no difference, it's just a placebo effect since you have something new, you instantaneously believe it must be better even though there's no difference.

All XBOX 360s have the same IBM PowerPC Xenon 3.2 GHz In-Order Processor in them. Difference is that the Jasper revision is 65nm rather than 90nm in other models.

deltatux