Xbox World reveals Next Gen Xbox?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have an Xbox 360 but was never interested in Kinect; got over all that casual motion-control cack from my Wii which has been unused for the last two years. Besides I do not have the space in my gaming room to use it anyway. The rumour that the next Xbox will not only ship with Kinect 2.0 included but also require it to operate it means that, if it is true, I won't be buying one. I've also given up any hope of even considering the Wii U; the Wii was such a big disappointment for me after the awesomeness of the GameCube and N64.

So that just leaves the PS4 which I have to admit looks a more interesting proposition based on the rumoured specs and also my PS3 has had, by far, the most varied and best selection of exclusive games. I barely use my Xbox 360 these days but I still regularly use my PS3 (I'm currently playing the stunning Ni no Kuni).

I think Microsoft did wonderful things with the first Xbox - standard hard drive, custom soundtracks, Xbox Live, DLC and so on - but the Xbox 360 was in many ways not quite as impressive or revolutionary, although it was still a fine games console with lots of great games. Ever since Kinect though, I've felt that Microsoft are moving away from the core gamers in order to appeal to the same casual gamers that Nintendo did with the Wii. That has meant that the console has seen fewer exclusive games that appeal to me, once you eliminate all the Kinect ones. That is disappointing and I think that it will only get worst next generation if Kinect 2.0 is, indeed, included with every console.

By the way, I'm a multi-platform gamer that doesn't favour any one console over the other as I always tend to own all the major ones but that will change with the next gen as I'll always have a gaming PC so I'm opting next time round for just one platform. I don't like online games so titles like Halo and Gears of War, key Xbox franchises, don't interest me that much.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
  4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    If 'always' online is confirmed I definitely wont be buying one. The vast majority of the console gamers I know will be skipping it also. As some others said, the built in 'kinect' puts me off also. When I'm playing a computer game I like to settle down and relax, often with a hot (or occasionally alcoholic) beverage. If I wanted to dive around like a maniac I'd arrange with friends to go out.

I have a friend who is a bit on the heavy side that loves Microsoft and Kinect. He'll be buying this day one for sure. He plans on moving into a block of flats soon, and isn't on the ground floor. I feel sorry for the people who end up living below him.

5. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Watermarking discs to 1 gamers console is a great incentive for game developers to exploit. Expect to see less demo's and more substandard games like that awful aliens: CM train wreck.

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    If true and Sony opt not to do this then I think its safe to say that Sony will well and truly win this console war. Unless Apple or Google comes in and uses their power house advertising departments to brain wash more people.

EDIT:

Thinking about it, this would mean we cant take our games back for a refund? Because if we don't like the game then we normally have 28 days to return it (most places go with 48 hours though due to games being so short lol).

This would infringe on our statuary rights and be a complete and utter mess for retailers the world over.

They dont do this with CD's, and Movies, so why games?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090

[​IMG]

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Anybody who saw the video before it was removed two days ago will know he did not confirm anything....he simply gave what he thinks.....he confirmed nor denied anything in that video.

Of course why it was removed so quickly i have no idea.......i suspect because it was linked to the offical forums and somebody over there from MS must have paniced and informed MS about the video without even looking at it....and bang its removed a few hours after its posted.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, to me it didn't sound like he was confirming anything either.

Sony have definitely handled the marketing better than MS, but if they can manage to get games that alot of people want, to the majority it won't make the slightest bit of difference what DRM system is used.

Kinect 2.0 is actually something i'm looking forward to as well, even with all the expensive PC hardware around Kinect was the only piece of tech in the last few years to actually impress me.
    Saying that, not something i would ever use on my own, but if you have friends over alot then it's definitely an incentive when picking a console.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^^Yep.......poor guy would have been up for a law suit if he had actually broken any NDA.....or that's the way some site have been pushing it....naughty sites. lol

11. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Regarding games being locked to console, what happens in the event of total hardware failure of the console?

12. Lawlzfest

Lawlzfest Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7870/GTS 450
    Oh you know how great Microsoft is at getting you your stuff back after total system failure......not. Although they could do something like they have for DLC currently, if you have system failure your games could be linked to your account and you could transfer licenses.

13. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Sony rep confirmed: Used games work on PS4.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=29957

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I don't actually care about this used games thing. Will be buying both 720 and ps4 and wii u at somepoint. I don't think you are required to use kinect if you don't want to, and ps4 will have their cam thing too with the ps4 iirc.

I've been gaming with pc's so long that it's hard to care for used games really :D

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Microsoft planning Xbox event for May

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/8/4195954/microsoft-planning-xbox-event-for-may

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Microsoft's next Xbox will take over your TV, interact with your cable box

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/10/4208970/next-xbox-tv-entertainment-plans

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Microsoft, you stay the F*ck away from my TV.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    And in a unrelated kind of way, what annoys me is the amount of people i talk to who like the idea of touchscreen tv's. You know, as in get up and start touching the screen to access certain features.

Remember back in the day when people use to be all 'shotgun, ahhhh, your last, you have to get up to change the channel', if there were no remote that was.

Also, getting told off by other members of the family whenever finger prints were found all over the screen (same with the ol' pc screen) 'Who keeps touching the screen', whinge whinge f'n whinge they would.

Now, ladies and gentleman, now, i know tv's that have had more physical interaction with women than I myself have ever had.

Technology aye, first they take our social skills and now their taking our women.

Good riddance I say.

19. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Not invited? Deal with it!!