Xbox World reveals Next Gen Xbox?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well 150k polygons was abit over ambitious for a launch game, especially when something like Star Citizen is using 100k and that is still a fair bit away from being released.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I said earlier in this thread that I was only buying an Xbox One because Kinect is no longer required to use it and that article reminds of why I just do not rate it at all.

I despised it on the Xbox 360 because it was a desperate attempt by Microsoft to cash in on the casual market Nintendo had enticed so well with their Wii but the 360 never had a single must-have Kinect title that convinced me it was worth buying. Just tons of dross... like the Wii! And because of Kinect, the number of exclusives dried up on the Xbox 360 leading me to sell my console four months ago.

When Microsoft announced the Xbox One required Kinect then I instantly crossed it off my wishlist and pre-ordered a PS4 even though I really wanted to play Forza 5 and Ryse. I must admit that I'm still a little concerned that Microsoft will continue to push Kinect featured exclusives over the more core based ones. The last thing I want is to be owning a console where I'm forced to use Kinect because a specific gameplay task cannot be done via the controller. If that does happen then I will sell my Xbox One, pure and simple, as I really have no interest in this casual-friendly motion-controlled rubbish that adds nothing to games except make them more awkward to play or so simplified that it might as well play itself! At least Sony got that right with the PS4 which is cheaper because they're not forcing gamers to buy Move or a camera.

3. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I'm the opposite, Kinect is the only reason I'm interested in the XboxOne, since both consoles are just weak PC's and Mantle might be able show that for a change i need something that I consistent can't get on the PC.

If MS haven't fixed the issues the first Kinect had then I'm not really interested it look like i won't be buying either console now.
    Will wait for release reviews though.

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @ Redemption80 - Check out that link that lucidus posted and it looks like they haven't.

5. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, that's what I was commenting on, probably should of been clearer.

If it hasn't been vastly improved for multiple people in smallish rooms it will just be a lot of furniture moving again, which tends to be off putting

6. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Kinect is awesome under the right conditions. For instance if you have kids, or a party of adults, whether its fruit ninja slicing like a maniac, or playing ping pong for instance its just great fun and all love it. Now im a hard core gamer also, and in that instance Kinect falls short.

Either way, we love Kinect here and am looking forward to Kinect 2

7. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Just Pre-Ordered the Day One Edition XBONE, can't wait for next month!!

8. 8800gts320mb

8800gts320mb Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gtx 760 2gig
    Ps4 and xbox one is not weak!!! Lol.....

So your saying for instance a 7850/7870 gpu is weak!! Maybe in pc terms but not console!

Your forgetting something here. .ps4/ xbox one are not pc's
    There designed as gaming machines (well ps4 anyway )
    Take ryse for example I haven't seen any game graphical on pc that's better! And dont say cryisis 3 because it isn't! !

9. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well I did say weak PC's so I was clearly comparing those to PC's.

I agree about Ryse though, even after they cut down the polygons Ryse still beats Crysis 3 from a technical point of view.

10. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Ryse and Crysis 3 are running on the same engine, so technically, they're the same. The difference is that console games usually have better art because they know what they can get away with because they're closed platforms.

Frankly, the latest PR spin from MS is that they want higher "quality" pixels over more pixels. Which makes sense on the surface. The only problem is that if they made a system as powerful as the PS4 or more powerful, Ryse would have those "high quality" pixels at 1080p instead of 900p.

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    tbh those are weak. considering that when 360 and ps3 came out those had almost top of the line gpu's compared to pc's and pretty darn fast processors for the time. Problem with last gen was ram through whole thing :D

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    So an already weak platform on paper than the PS4 is a further 10% inferior because of Microsoft's insistence on shipping the Xbox One with Kinect? :3eyes:

I'm looking forward to playing Forza 5 and Ryse but I have a feeling that the Xbox One will ultimately prove to be a bit of a disappointment in the hardware department. Time will tell, I guess, but obviously compromises have to be made to the specs in order to include the expensive Kinect camera in every box, even with the higher price point of the Xbox One over the PS4.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    10% power reserved for DewRitos and ordering pizza from Pizza Hut .. lol!

15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I seriously can't take notice of anything hardware related for the Xbox until it's actually out, there just seems to be so much secrecy and changes regarding it.

Ironically Ryse looks the most impressive game graphically of the next gen, but I'm not sure if it's actually much more than a modern day Dragon's Lair yet.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    It's QTE game like Heavy Rain right it will piss a lot of people off.

17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I likes Heavy Rain, after Uncharted and MGS it was my favourite Sony exclusive.

That was plot heavy though, this doesn't look like it even has one.

Sometimes it does look more like a Batman/Assassins Creed combo though.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Xboxone, PS4, Kinect 1 and 2 etc there all ****ing **** tbh haha.

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    They are all so different it's hard to lump them all together.

I will likely be avoiding any console as i like the hassle of PC gaming, broken games and drivers actually keeps things exciting, were is the fun if things just work first time?

Might buy an XBox if Kinect is improved though, most fun i've had in gaming since i was in my teens, but if it's flawed like the original one then i wont bother.

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    So at 900p, he is saying that if it were 1080p, it would be no visual difference? I think some may want to argue that.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013