Xbox World reveals Next Gen Xbox?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    What I got from watching both of the presentations was very clear. Microsoft is looking to be the complete package for everything in a person living room. Even down to controlling the gaming you play. They want to control every single bit of the video game market.

Sony appears to be taking a different approach. Being more developer friendly that last time. Using Linux as it's core system, learning a lot from the PS3. They are taking the social route, looking for people to share experiences etc. Plus they have the most powerful system, on paper at least.

3. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Next-Gen consoles should be marketed primarily as gaming systems. Gaming should never play second fiddle to the rubbish Micro$oft revealed.

4. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That depends on if the general public think paying something like $400 just to play games is a rip off or not, im not convinced going with games as priority is a good idea these days when everything needs s gimmick to stand out.

People on here aren't the best to judge this when most consider $400 to be a budget GPU price.

6. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I'll post my steam post here as well.

Simply put, he is saying the architecture and what they can do with it is a generation ahead, he is NOT saying it is a generation ahead in terms of raw power as if you stuck i7s and 4 titans together.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    And that is exactly why the Microsoft presentation was so poor. It was like watching a launch of a new mobile phone or something, not a new GAMES console.

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
  9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Is that such a surprise when the games industry is struggling and shrinking while the mobile phone industry is getting bigger.

It wasn't initially, but a big part of the PS3's success was BluRay and vice-versa, lost count of people who picked that over a 360 because it had a BluRay player.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I can understand why Microsoft decided to highlight the interactive features of the new console, problem was it was all kind of pointless. So you can talk to the Xbox One now? Great... But I'm sure that excites some people. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but they never talked about the Blu-Ray player, not even once?

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    wont you need a new receiver aswell ?

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    YEah, knowing MS you would need some kind of receiver for it. PS. look at the price of Thief 4 4 PS4! Mama mia $99!!

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm. just.. I;m just.. going to.. pretend the xbox ONEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... was never announced... I'm just going to.. just.. I'm too angry right now I should probably not share my thoughts on it.. it will probably get me banned for swearing too much.

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Other than mentioning it had one, no i don't think they did but MS have always been trying to push streaming video rather than optical media.

Laughing at the part above about the pads, tbh it wouldn't surprise me if the new pads were running on say 5ghz and will need a new receiver for the PC.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Don't worry, the Xbone is a lie :D

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    This is the only time I've ever wanted to attend a game convention. E3 is going to be amazing.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well as long as MS remember it's a video game conference.

It should be great though if the two of them are battling to show the most/best games.

Personally i'm not a fan of the MS exclusive IP's, but from what i've saw so far MS edges it as Killzone is a sequel to start with, and also imo the weakest of the Sony exclusives while that other PS4 game looked very strange.

Quantum Break is a new IP and also looks like it might be attempting something different which is something i need from games these days, old gameplay with next gen visuals isn't enough.
    Unless it's an interactive movie then i don't need that, but it is Remedy, so i have reasonable hopes.

19. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Not confirmed, yet it appears Sony is being lets say more flexible and not trying to screw with us... I guess time will tell. Its just a time now when you wonder whats a solid investment and for what system.

20. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Agreed... People said that for the Kinect also and we all know how that went. XBO will succeed, will it run like the 360 did over the PS3, i suspect things will be much tighter this time around.

Last edited: May 23, 2013