Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows Now Available

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Oct 21, 2015.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Still not seen this in local stores :( Anyone else in Dubai who knows where to get it please PM me.

2. uKER

uKER Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Deleted.

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yeah, the source is what I said it was, the source is me. I was using a generic Bluetooth dongle. Obviously this was with some 3rd party software that emulated it as a 360 controller, the same thing I'm doing with my PS4 pad.

There was more than piece of software to do this, I looked it up and it's hard to find anything because all the damn Google results are flooded with the new official Xbone dongle. I still have a rar file called Xbox One Pad 2.0.rar and another file called xb1usb.11059.0.140526x64.msi. I don't remember if I needed the files from both or if just that msi file had everything needed. I can't test it since I don't have an Xbone pad anymore.

Edit: Looking through the rar file I can't find anything indicating it's a wireless driver. I got nothing to help. But I doubt I imagined playing through games using the Xbone controller. I played all the way through Ori and the Blind Forest with it.

I can't find squat, this is pretty annoying. Whatever, for $20 I suppose it's more convenient than controller emulation. And that emulation didn't enable its microphone as far as I know, so there's that.

What I'd like to know is what's this gibberish MS are claiming about it using a proprietary wireless standard...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Someone claimed he could see the pad broadcasting on a wifi channel.

Can someone else try this, It definitely does not work with the 360 pad, so seems weird that the X1 would use Bluetooth when the 360 pad didn't.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    *Shrug* I got nothing. Someone do what Redemption mentioned and see if you can see it broadcasting on a wifi channel.

For anyone who wants an Xbone pad but doesn't want to spend $20 on a wireless dongle the PS4 pad is regularly on sale for a more reasonable price. It's $50 now on Amazon.com and .ca, the Canadian dollar is in the crapper right now so $50 CAD is decent. The program to emulate it as a 360 pad is called DS4Windows, no MacGyver paperclip and rubber band method with this one. Just hold Share + Home for it to be detected by Windows's Bluetooth manager when setting it up the first time, Options + Home after it's paired disconnects and connects it. And turn off it's obnoxious giant LED bar to save battery.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You don't even need DS4 Windows in some games as native support is built in and is much better than emulation.

I still want an X1 pad though, DS4W doesn't help with button icons or the fact I still don't like the DS4 stick position.

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    somehow it's not working now no matter what i do

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Nothing happens when you plug in the adapter? Same sh!it happened to me too but I did manage to solve it using this information : https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/490123938430246727/

Weird though that the adapter is in Device manager -> Network adapters ?!?

You need to sync it every time you disconnect the adapter, just press and hold the buttons on the controller/adapter and the LEDs will start flashing quickly until they connect. The controller does go into sleep mode after some 10/15min and I cant find a way to manually turn it off. No need to sync once it's off, just press the XBox button and it will work again.

Tried it with a few games and it works really well with the exception of Final Fantasy XIII. The game wont load a save or create a new game or anything involving a dialogue window. Since it's SE I don't think it will ever get fixed. There are some workarounds but I've not managed to get them working.

Overall the controller feels pretty good and is quite different from the X360 controller. It's a matter of getting used to, esp the D-pad which feels weird.

I bought the one with the battery pack so in total its some 70€ or something, quite expensive, not sure it's worth it but the wireless freedom can be worth much for some.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am having some annoying issues with my wireless adaptor.

When it works, it works flawlessly and without issue. However, every few days, my controller seems to lose contact with the adaptor and I have to resync it, only I cannot just press the Bind buttons on it and the controller. No, instead I have to unplug the adaptor then plug it back in to get it work other the binding never happens and my controller's Xbox button flashes constantly. Very annoying.

I think the issue is caused by me plugging the controller into the micro USB cable to recharge, which is what I did last night. Sure enough, this morning I had to rebind the controller and adaptor as described above.

I am using the Plug and Play battery pack so that it recharges when I plug in the cable. The idea is that I use the controller wirelessly unless the charge runs low then plug it in when it runs out until it is recharged again. I thought that would work, no problem, but it seems not.

By the way, I had to use Google to find out how to turn off the controller (you hold down the Xbox button for 10 seconds). For whatever reason, the Game bar is not working for me with the wireless controller (or it may be an issue with Windows 10 Build 10586.3) and I believe that has a power off option from memory.

11. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Anyone know where I can buy the charger kit from canada?

I bought the wireless controller + wireless adapter for 35$. Price error on the microsoft site. I got lucky.

Working great so far.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I got mine today, I had to import it from the UK >_<

Anyway, I can't get the shortcut for BPM to work. I press guide button on the controller and nothing happens. I can't even see the battery indicator in BPM. How to fix? :(

13. Jakiro

Jakiro Guest

GPU:
    GTX580 4GB
    My next purchase will be an xbox one controller. Looking forward to wireless.
    My pc has Bluetooth, shouldn't be able to connect it wireless?

14. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I wish I could find one of these adapters somewhere here. Would be nice to be able to use my Xbox One gamepads on my PC, even though I still prefer to use the DS4 controller for fighting games and the likes due to the superior D-Pad.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My Xbox One controller AGAIN failed to connect to my PC via the wireless adaptor despite the fact that it has only been turned off and not connected to the USB cable since I last used it this morning. I unplugged the adaptor and plugged it back it while the controller was flashing and it connected!

Anyone know why my controller is losing the wireless sync? Could my adaptor be faulty (even though it works flawlessly once it is connected)?

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Idk Darren, I've not used it that much but it has never de-synced unless I turn off the adapter. Normally I detach the adapter to be able to use the extension cable but this time I'll simply plug in the micro-usb to a free USB slot and see what happens.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The adaptor was working this morning despite restarting my PC (note: my machine had been on overnight downloading an update for The Crew so had not been turned off as I would normally do). I also noticed the Windows 10 Game bar pop up when I held the Xbox button down to turn it off. Maybe the drivers were not fully installed, or maybe they've just been updated.

It will be interesting to see if the adaptor is still working OK tonight without me having to unplug and reconnect it. If it happens again though I'll try and different USB port...not sure if I'm using USB 2.0 or 3.0 at the moment (it is plugged in at the back of my case due to the length of the adaptor).

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    maybe turning off some stuff can help a bit

[​IMG]

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Anyone? Could someone with the adapter just check if BPM and steam overlay work with the guide button? Nothing happens when I press the button.

20. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    That's caused by the Xbox app and its GameDVR function. Basically in the latest update for Windows 10, it updated the app and it now steals the home button usage solely for that function. You need to go into the xbox app, enable game dvr and disable use the home button option. And then you'll find the home button works correctly elsewhere, including steam.