Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Mar 16, 2020.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    If i dod not own a xbox or did own the big xbox one or the revised a XBox one S model, then i would happily have grabbed a XBS series for £250, a utter steal at that price.....but i have the XBX so i need to go full fat with the X series model.......but after xmas will do for that............but lets us know how it plays and runs the games.....enjoy.......oh and did you get a free month of GP, tons of good stuff on there.

itpro likes this.
  2. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies

PC medium settings is better than Series X. So, Series S is PC low. So bad console generation. I expected high settings from X and medium from S. Pathetic! Hurtful experience.

signex and pharma like this.
  3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    yeah. Basically, even an RTX 2060 Super can do better in games with ray-tracing, than the "most powerful console in the market".
    And this is without turning on DLSS 2.0. With DLSS, the 2060S would be miles ahead.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I may be blind or something. But only fps they show in real time is for PC and that 2060S has it around 30~33 when running console settings. So, one has to take their word for console performance.
    But anyone can as well say that 2060S gameplay sux with DX-R enabled with or without DLSS on settings they used.

So what is being actually compared? $400 PC GPU with $500 console.
    How well would this $400 PC GPU run with rest of system costing only $100? Let's be nice, give another $600 budget to it, so it costs just twice as much.
    But to keep some kind of fairness, Limit this twice as costly PC to same Power, Just 350W PSU allowed.

Don't get frustrated when PC fails to deliver console like experience when you build it with even one real world limitation which consoles must have.

Next to that. RX 5700(XT) is weaker than GPU in XSX. Yet it does better in WD:Legion than 2070. (Apparently DX-R/DLSS OFF.)

"Pathetic! Hurtful experience." is reading your posts when they are loaded with agenda. Should I rename you to "30fps-man" now?
    Your idea that cheap ass console must do 4K/1440p better than much more expensive PC, while PC is allowed to eat much more energy is just stupid.
    Even more so, when that PC in comparison fails to deliver good FPS.

Only thing they revealed, but not realized is that WD:L should not be played on XSX @4K (with possible scaling from 1440p in heavier scenes).
    But should be played on 1080p and higher details. Because it is feaking console. And only idiots expect miracles from consoles.

signex, serbicu, SerotoNiN and 2 others like this.

5. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    I won't disagree. 1tb ssd and rtx 2060 super have the cost of xbox series x. It is bang for buck to own a console even in late 2020. I just expected more from new gen of hardware. My miscalculation. ;)

gmavignier, signex and Fox2232 like this.
  6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Truth is, that even 3080 can't handle WD:L @4K with average above 60fps while running Ultra DX-R + DLSS. Hilbert's test shown average around 50fps.
    Very high is reasonable for 3080 @4K DX-R + DLSS. Entire cost of system capable to properly scratch someone's itch for 4K at high details would be $1500~2000 for start.
    If Console delivered such performance at small fraction of price, almost no gamer would be queuing for new PC components.

WD:L should give console proper 1080p mode with visuals closer to those of very high on PC. That's what they can do. Better quality effect on lower resolution is nicer to look at than whole lot of nothing @4K.

itpro likes this.
  7. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    To be fair, it's one game, early in the console's cycle. I'm assuming the game wasn't given much optimization considering it runs poorly even on PC. I would think as developers get more familiar with the tools, devs will take better advantage of ray tracing on console. But I would never expect them to outshine PC.

itpro likes this.
  8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070

itpro likes this.
  9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Finally got my hands on one, it costed me a small fortune but so be it.
    I'll be done for the next 5 or 6 years.
    Unless they come again with a bigger model.

XP-200 likes this.
  10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I hope you did not make some scalper happy. Enjoy your new toy! :D Maybe I will also get my hands on one until (or) in December.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Nice, i am waiting until we are into 2021 then i will look st replacing my XBX with the SX.

signex likes this.
  12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Ok this is weird, the controller that came with the series X has a clicky sounding LB and RB. One that I bought seperately has a soft press without any noise...?
    Are they shipping lower quality controllers with the consoles or something?

Edit:
    The console crashing seems to be related to either Call of Duty cold War or the disc.
    All my digital games run without issues, call of Duty multi-player crashes the console after few minutes. But I played the campaign for 30min and no crashing there.
    When I was installing it through the disc it made a little noise from time to time. Bit of rattling sound, but it did not give any errors during installation.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  13. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Ps5 won xbox series x and series s is a disaster.

14. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Wait a moment. So RTX on Series X is like using Rtx 2060 and not 3080 rtx?

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Raytracing on the console is lower fidelity

16. xV_Slayer

xV_Slayer Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Why would you think a $499 console with an APU and a cut down RDNA 2 chip would have the same performance as the RTX 3080?

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    When the full chip doesn't perform as well as the 3080 either..... XD

18. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    So Xbox Series X is on rtx 2060 ,lvl?

19. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Yes.
    But keep in mind developers can do more with a closed environment console. Especially when making console exclusives on a system like ps5. Xbox is rather pointless to own if you are a PC gamer as you'll get all the Xbox exclusives and have more power and higher resolution.

Look at last gen. PS4 had some excellent looking games and extremely weak hardware. The CPU was dated on the systems release. But because it's to metal and a closed environment devs were able to get every last drop out of it.

So while yes, Series X has roughly the equivalent of a 2060, developers will get much more out of it since they have a specific target in mind. So it's kind of apples to oranges. I do think however it's already apparent that 4k/60fps will not happen this console gen. Games are already turning to dynamic resolutions and 30fps.

gmavignier likes this.
  20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Too early to say, but for me Xbox won when EA Access got included with Game Pass Ultimate and Bethesda games.

And backwards compatibility is better.

When I had a ps4 and ps3 I never really played the exclusives anyway so I'm not missing out.
    I can always get a ps5 later when on sale in a couple of years.