Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Mar 16, 2020.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What's going on with the Sebile controllers? are they not happening?

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This was the "apparently" upcoming new controller, this was information from last year.... but now we have seen what is upcoming so.. yeah... what the heck?

[​IMG]

signex and FatBoyNL like this.
  4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Weirdly enough, on Amazon in my country now, all of a sudden no series x in stock! so I guess people buy the disk version, as we won't get one anymore :D aside from the limited edition. I wonder how limited it is really.

5. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    But is it confirmed that disc version is going away? Based on price point it seems like new digital version is meant to sell side by side disc version, with slightly lower price. (kinda like PS5 vs PS5 DE).

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Not that I know of. But one can only wonder when this will happen, I mean now MS has more tiers of consoles they can sell, but why? Is not like they’re selling much of them anyways…what’s the point in releasing new consoles (like these 3 new ones, of which only one is the disk version and limited on top of that) if they are not planning in stopping manufacturing the old models? I hope I’m wrong though…

MS have clearly concluded that they are not selling hardware as much as they hoped to, they are going to become the biggest game publisher out there, that is their main goal right now. Sure, they will still make dedicated gaming hardware, but for how long? We don’t know.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    There was talk of the supposed updated controller being bundled with the latest Xbox revision. I guess not.

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I bought the X and S, but i only bought the X to get that optical drive, as i still have too many physical xbox 360 games to just have went fully with the S, plus of course you get that free frame boost and upscaling 4k upscaling, so the X is the best place to play xbox 360 game, unless they are optimised series games, like xbox 360 Fsllout 3, which has a 1440p native options even on the series S, and that is a great feature.

signex and serbicu like this.
  9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Why is the disc drive vertical and not horizontal like the PS5?

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well my SX is flat so the disc drive is horizontal, but my PS5 only has room to stand up, so the disc drive is vertical. :p

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The X is supposed to be vertical. Look at the power button (X) on both consoles. The S laid flat and the logo is the correct way up. Not so with the X.

signex likes this.
  12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Mine have been flat for over 2 years now, no issues, and the SX has 4 small round feet bumps at each corner for when you lay it flat, and ironically my Series S is vertical because the X took up all the room laying flat. lol

signex likes this.
  13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    The xbox 360 store will be shutting down for good in 1 months time, so any series S owners who are looking to grab a few more back compat titles have 1 chance left, and as of today all the dlc for Fallout 3 and FNV is 60% off, each one coming in at £1.35, cheapest these will ever go before they are gone for good, so well worth owning these two games as they just have so much replay in them.......i have both on physical disc but this is the cheapest they have ever been to own everything in digital on the consoles, and possibly the last time they may appear in digital form on the cobsole, hence why i grabbed them again.....so do not miss this last chance.

I still kicked myself today for not grabbing Outrun xbox 360 live before it went, as it has never appeared again. :(

14. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Xbox Game Pass getting big changes, ditching day one releases for basic tier | Eurogamer.net

Microsoft has confirmed sweeping changes - including price increases - to its Xbox Game Pass subscription service in the run-up to October's launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops 6, which will include the removal of day one releases for its overhauled basic tier.
    All this follows Microsoft's $69bn acquisition of Activision Blizzard last year, and confirmation in May that Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 would be a day one Game Pass release when it launches in October. In response to reports that Microsoft was planning "changes" to Game Pass to take advantage of Black Ops 6's arrival, the company told Eurogamer the game would be "playable on Xbox and PC for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, PC Game Pass, and Xbox Game Pass for Console members" at launch. And that still appears to be true - albeit now with an additional cost, and not if you're a new Xbox Game Pass Standard subscriber.

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass price increase and more major changes

16. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Was to be expected.

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    'Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess' is getting very positive reviews. There is a playable demo too. Kind of plays like a tower defence game, but with way more strategy involved.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I played the demo and 10 minutes later I deleted it not even remotely what i expected , I swore I read some place that was supposed be like successor or something like that to Onimusha that was like only reason i interested in it and it anything but look nice colorful though

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It wasn't what I was expecting either. But then again I did watch a couple of videos previews that convinced me otherwise.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah I only watch initial video read something online, Game look nice just not what I was expecting, It ran pretty good too