Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Mar 16, 2020.

1. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    even on a controller i just can't stand under 40fps
    a locked 45fps is fine for tpp though,played over hundred hours of ac valhalla like that.

1440p/45>1080p/60>4K/30 is how I'd rank them
    there should be 3 presets for xsx/ps5,not two
    performance,quality,balanced.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  2. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + C1 OLED
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I am surprised they brought so many due to copyright and licence issues alone.

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Such a shame. It was a big plus of the Xbox consoles over it's competition.
    I'd assume that Microsoft's first party games may still be backward compatible down the line, but third party games won't due to rights holders being pricks.

5. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Yeap, and even first party bc games have some majir issues, the early forza games are a mess of car brands licencing issues that has stopped the appearing on the bc list, same with games like Outrun 2006 or or the Tiger Woods games, all having issues with brand licensing copyrights. :(

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I'd guess and say that backwards compatibility code from DirectX 12 to 11 would be a nightmare to even consider.

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Yeah, I wish Forza Horizon 2 had a Backward-compatibility remaster with 4k resolution and higher framerate. It's my favorite of the Horizons due to the setting.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    FH2 was natively released for the xbox one, i incidentally have been trying all the Forza Motorsports from 5 to 7 as well as all the FH games from 1 to 5, and they all looking stunning on the Series S, plus that auto hdr feature really does make the games look even better, totally loving this series S console.

Keitosha likes this.
  9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Sonic generations on the S with frame boost and auto hdr is a sight to behold, so i can't imagine what it will be like on the X.

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Ha, was messing about on the Argos website once again looking for something else and i thought i would try my luck with the Series X, and bang, they had one left in stock, so grabbed one, same thing happened with the PS5. lol

Pick it up on the 24th. :)

SerotoNiN, TheDigitalJedi and Ghosty like this.
  12. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + C1 OLED
    Congrats and I'm very happy for you XP-200. The Series X is a great console. I just completed some comparisons of Halo Infinite on Series X vs the PC. The Series X displays amazing quality with their flagship title. The PC has finer details but the Series X is $500.00. You just can't beat the benefits of this console at that price point. The graphics are breathtaking. Retroarch is fantastic also.

Have fun fellow Guru. :)

XP-200 likes this.
  13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^Yeah i have the Series S and it is fantastic little console that will do nicely in the bedroom, but the X will go in the living room on the 55in 4k TV. :)

This was a pure impulse buy this morning and once again sheer luck, plus the icing on the cake is that CEX are giving £150 trade in cash for my Xbox one X, so that means real money wise this X will cost me £300. :D

GarrettL likes this.
  14. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2070S
    I'm an old gamer, 54. I grew up playing consoles (Atari system when it was first introduced, I'm getting old!) and hooked on games since I first saw Pong in the Mall as a young kid.

I moved to PC gaming around 2000 and the PS2 was my last console.

With a young kid and Christmas the Xbox Series S looked like the better option at this point. Earlier this year had upgraded to a Hisense U8G 55" 4K TV and it's paired with a low end Sony Dolby Atmos 7.1 AV primarily for movies.

Not having used a console in so long I was surprised how easy it was to set up. I set the Series S resolution to 1440p, it is the S series after all.

WOW!!!! I mean freakin' wow! Gears 5 looks great and Forza 5 is unreal! This little box, no way?! I bet the Xbox Series X must look fantastic in 4k!

For a $300 console I'm highly impressed! Have not had any issues so far, the picture quality is outstanding and the surround sound is so immersive as well!

I don't play many games on the PC anymore. PC, sit at my desk in chair with 27" monitor or lounge out on the sofa with a 55" screen and Surround Sound? What the hell was I thinking? Why didn't I get this console sooner :)

For anyone thinking about the Xbox Series S and had reservations, no worries. A great little gem of a console.

I have an external Samsung T5 SSD for additional storage and as long as the game is not optimized for the X/S series it will usually run off the external hard drive. I just can't justify $200 for the Seagate 1TB expansion SSD, that's just crazy pricing. You can easily move games from the internal storage to external storage and visa versa.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Is the new Halo worth picking up for just the story campaign?

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Yeap, i was astonished when i saw FH5 on the S, then i fired up my XBX and saw just how many bells and whistles were missing in that version, plus OMG!, the loading times of my XBX doing anything compared to to the S is just night and day, and now that genie is out of the bottle i can't go back to the XBX for anything, so i am looking forward to getting the X to replace my now aging XBX. Ha

TheDigitalJedi, Keitosha and GarrettL like this.
  17. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well i have been playing with the Series X all day yestarday, and WOW!, i am blown away by this thing, i can't believe what it is throwing about on screen graphics wise, it is so sharp the detail could cut you in half, and how did MS pack all that power into such a small box, and i was loving FH5 on the Series S, but my god the detail and crisp sharp image on the Series X is just stunning.

£450 will spent, and as a comparison my GTX1080 alone was £430 two years ago, i mean talk about bang for buck with these consoles. :D

TheDigitalJedi and Keitosha like this.
  18. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I am pretty much right where you are at...I have not had a console in years.

The best bang for the buck sure seems to be with the S series. $300 seems to be a pretty good deal....thanks for this post

GarrettL and Keitosha like this.
  19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Yeah i have both the S and X and here are my conclusions to both consoles.....

If you have a 1080p/1440/4k HDR TV or monitor then the Series S is perfect, it is a cracking console for the money, you get frame boost, auto hdr, insane loading times, RT support, and the upscale quality of the S onto a 4k Tv is amazing, plus access to all the new series X games like MS flight sim 2022, this console is a win win due to its bang for buck, it is insane.

If you have a 4k HDR TV or monitor and and a extra £200 and you want a that bigger 1tb SSD drive, access to enhanced xbox one X and BC games, frame boost, auto hdr, 4k native 60fps/120fps, insane loading times, RT support, then the X is your console of choice, basically the X is the deluxe version of the S with all the added bells and whistles.

But no matter which one you pick they are both cracking bits of kit, and along with the PS5 the present consoles are just so good value for money for what they do it's insane, and moreso when the PC GPU is quite literally profiteering while they control the flow of goods to enable profiteering. ha

20. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + C1 OLED
    What's up Gurus. I'm still happy with my Series X but it would be nice to see more first party support that truly show what this machine is capable of. I want Microsoft to return to their roots while keeping up the amazing job with compatibility.

We need the type of games that was released on the first Xbox and the 360 many years ago. I'm ready for a new Fable. I would like to see a well done Otagi 3. Panzer Dragoon Orta 2? What is Bethesda up to? Someone from Microsoft need to find Tomonobu Itagaki and reunite Team Ninja. We could use a very well done Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive definitely needs his direction. Remember Metal Wolf Chaos? Shenmue 4 needs to be with Microsoft. Imagine Virtua Fighter 6 designed for the Series X from the ground up. Can we get some Splinter Cell action? Oddworld Stranger's Wrath 2?

The Series X has been out for over 14 months. We need something more than Gears, Forza, Halo and old games on Gamepass. Retroarch is phenomenal but I would like to see new AAA Xbox titles.

I want this system to succeed.