Xbox Series S Lockhart would have 7.5GB of usable ram and a 4 TFLOPs GPU

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 27, 2020.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Dude in the video sound Wike Elmer Fudd waka waka waka. Too many people these days making videos can u Please replace him with a Thick dark chick? Thx.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay let’s assume RDNA2 has the performance per Tflop of Turing. It’s still less than 1650 super performance.

3. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Active Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1080ti
    You are comparing PC with console hardware.
    GPU wise it should be more powerful than the Xbox one X (at same tflops RDNA1 >> CGN), since the Xbox one X could run RDR2 at native 4k at 30fps with medium - low detail, this console could probably run it at 1080p 60fps with medium- high. For a 300 USD (??) console I personally don't think it is too shabby.

4. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 960M
    If Lockhart's GPU has the same features (Ray Tracing, VRS, Mesh Shading, etc) as the Series X's GPU and it's powerful enough to provide the same experience (framerate, graphical settings) at 1080p then it doesn't matter what is the equivalent PC GPU because it will achieve what it was designed to do, provide a Next Gen experience for 1080p TV owners. On paper, a 4 TF GPU sounds like it could provide the same experience on 1080p as a 12 TF GPU on 4K.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    When one console costs 1/2 of other, person has to be bit on imbecility side to believe they are the same.

sbacchetta likes this.
  6. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Not sure how something like this is going to survive. Why the hell would anybody want this I have no idea. At some point Sony will be blowing the door off PS4s for 199 or whatever they have planned.

Most people want a better system, and if the choices are discless PS5 for 399-500 or this shitty thing for 300 people aren't going to be stupid with their money unless they are really dumb. Doubtful many people buy onto this hype.

You aren't getting raytracing and advanced anything on this system lmao. Do the math bud.

Eurogamer were always Xbox shills. DF isn't too bad anymore, but they are usually fairly on point yet definitely have issues when doing some comparisons.

It's not opening up anything to anybody. A 200 dollar PS4 will put this thing in a coffin. And Sony knows they probably don't even have to do that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2020
  7. itpro

itpro Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Stop being tech newbies. You aren't gurus in that matter it seems. Take notes. Xbox Series S Lockhart, will keep all graphics quality from 1080p 60hz up to 1440p 60hz.

Xbox Series X will be capable from 1080p up to 4k 120hz. The graphics quality will be the same between those two consoles except framerate and resolution of-course.

It will destroy PS4 and Xbox One sales with a final price under 300$. Period.

8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The problem I have is it’s too little for current gen 1080p max settings. With RT look into it a little. I’m not sure there is really a difference in scaling from FHD to 4k. So IF that is true this is going to not be able to do RT on the level of the X regardless of resolution.

Xbox uses a w10 kernel and DX12.

9. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 960M
  10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Your card can do DX-R. Think about reason why GPU like 2060 (which yours outperform by up to 35% in games) can be some 50% faster with DX-R enabled.
    Then put that thought towards what you know about RDNA2.

12. Ricardo

Ricardo Member Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti 4GB
    It's pretty obvious that this smaller version will have feature parity with the SeX version, and will only run at lower resolution and/or lower framerates. What is so hard to understand here?

People nowdays seem to think that gaming at 30fps or lower than 4k resolutions is absurd, but let's not forget we're still hardly doing 1080p on regular consoles, at janky 30fps. And I'm pretty sure consoles are selling better than ever, so yeah.

This is a smart move from MS, as the average consumer along with people that have less money will absolutely go for this version. I mean, better have an 1080p console than no console at all.

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Grandma: Which console did lil' jonny want for xmas?
    Grandpa: Xboxy trashcan?
    Grandma: Well, let's get this one and hope he doesn't steal our meds again...

These are the ones to worry about. Not the informed kidz, but, their uninformed grandparents...

carnivore likes this.
  14. sbacchetta

sbacchetta Active Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1080ti
    I have been a kid before and I had grandparents too, in this case it's the kid job (I was doing this and I am sure other kid do this too) to write it cleary down for the shop clerk to understand or explain like I want the black one not the white one (based on rumors renders) to their grandparents. If the kid is dumb enough or small enough to not be able to explain this, probably 1080p is enough for him :p

I mean with multiple platform game kids already have to explain stuff like PS 4 version not Xbox one. Does every kids on this planet, now a days, need to have a PS4 and Xbox 1 to play whatever version they are gifted ???

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    The role/job of a grandparent is to annoy and aggravate their children by being totally awesome to their children.

Buying expensive toys for them is the preferred choice :)

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    You can get a 4k TV for around $200 now. Most likely this will see a 4k output support still just as the one S does, just upscaling and no enhancing.

17. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    While i like the idea of having a cheaper and lesser system in terms of specs. Well considering that game devs already have to dumb down graphics to port games over to the Switch they can do it for the Series S and may have to do it for the Xbox one if they are still making games for that.