Xbox One gets Unlimited Cloud Storage

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Microsoft is really keen on you spending cash to purchase an Xbox One, the sweeten up the deal Microsoft is giving all Xbox Live users free unlimited cloud storage for their Xbox One gaming data. Pre...

Xbox One gets Unlimited Cloud Storage

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Are they trying to make people buy this Console?

Now i'm not a console gamer myself, but this Always Kinect thing is what would prevent me from buying it.

3. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    They really are trying hard. Free unlimited cloud storage - easily accessible by NSA&co. C'mon everyone, put a mic&cam in your living room and once you are a good person NSA will give you a green card! :))

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    As oppose to your laptop, tablet, phone and even TV now in days.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    xboxlive $60 per year
    Online purchases of games, possibly $300
    TV Services like channel subbing and netflix etc...maybe another $100, certainly $50

So, let's say $300 low end and $500 tops

If they sell 1 million units in year one, their year two revenue will be $300 million at the low and half a billion at the top end.

The closer and faster they get to $1 bill revenue per annum the better, and I reckon they probably got their eye on a ten million installed userbase within 3 years. Additionally, I strongly suspect they did a lot of deals with content providers for the 'teeveeteeveeteevee' element of the system, whointurn would have deals with advertisers.

Everyone is trying to get a slice of that money, especially Apple - but with this kind of potential money flying about, yah, I totally get why M$ will do anygodamnthang to get us to tilt our heads to one side so everyone can sink their teeth into us.

6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Hah assuming this cloud storage has restrictions on file types, you could create some 1TB archive file, rename it as a .avi, and upload it to the cloud.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti sc+
    I'm sure the NSA really cares about your save games in the cloud. Better not go killing innocent people in GTA or you might be labeled a terrorist.

Seriously people

8. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970/Qnix 1440p
    I'd just use a file generator I have access to at work and make something with a million directories and make it as big as the program can make :banana: It's just random characters (not necessarily utf-8 chars) so the NSA can look all they want.