Xbox 720 Will get GPU based on Radeon 6670

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nah, i don't think it's likely, well not for heavy visual games, but there are present indie games on Arcade and PSN that are 1080p/60, so it wouldn't surprise me, from Sony especially if games like these could be rendered at such a resolution.

tsunami231, tv feeds aren't that bad, it depends where you live, if it's somewhere where its mpeg2 then your out of luck though.

I don't see 1080p/60 being that hard on new consoles, considering what good optimisations can get out of current, but very old hardware for 720p/30, it's all down to if people want it or not, some people are willing to lose frames for better visuals, while others will turn off eye candy for a better framerate.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    I doubt you will, in 2 years time pc hardware will just be coming to the point where 4k res is feasible at decent settings on new games.

I wouldn't mind a hard limit at 1080p minimum though, and especially looking forward to future mario and zelda titles in hd.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    compared to an uncompressed feed yes they are

4. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    Yeah, those sub HD, sub 30fps games are really impressive.

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 1060 6gb
    +1 , but you forget to mention high res textures.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No such thing as an uncompressed feed, BluRay is just less compressed.

I still find console games to be hugely impressive looking considering the hardware inside them, developing for preset hardware lets you do much more.

The same game loses badly if I do a direct comparison to the PC version, but it would be crazy if it didn’t, I would also be pissed if it didn’t.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    bluray compression is no existent compared to cable/sat/fios and the huge diffrence between them too.

1080p 4x 60fps or altest solid 30fps is bare minimal that is exceptable for new console it bad enough console games are 59-69$ when there pc counter part is 10$ less and looks better despiste being poor ported to the pc. the card they listing as being used is barely gona be able to do that if at all forget about 4k gaming.

I remeber both MS and SONY claiming 1080p games for both there system and almost no game is and the ones that are do play that res are just scaled to that res which is not the same. they also claims hi res textures maybe which was lie. maybe compared to ps2 and xbox yes, compared to pc now and back then not even close.

Convenience is only thing console have going for them. Once consoles can do do 1080p 4xAA and 60fps with high res textures compared to pc of 2 years ago. it wont mater anymore cause hdtv are not going to 4k any time soon

8. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung
    what can it do? subpar 720p gfx?

9. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung

is anybody paying you to write this? no console games look even close to what games look on the pc

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    if this is true LOL

11. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    I think that the GPU will be of much greater profile than this,also there are speculations of a 16 core CPU being used.
    So,if this CPU rumor is true,why to put a cutting edge CPU and pair it with a sub pair GPU.
    I think that the GPU will be something like a modified 7950.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    LOL @ Cutting edge CPU. It's likely going to be a Bullpiledriver based CPU so even if it has 16 cores clocked at 5GHz it's still weak compared to what cutting edge PCs use now. More realistically it will be an 8 cored version clocked at 4GHz.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  13. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    Yah that isn't going to happen. Rumor is Xbox720 or whatever will use some variant of the Power7 CPU from IBM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POWER7

That is available in 4,6 & 8 core configurations. Granted the Power7 CPU can run 4 threads on each core, so if they go for a Quad Core chip it could run 16 threads. That might be what you are referring to.

14. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    Oh yeah,you are dismissing a rumor with a....rumor,shhhh I hear something down the hallway and guess what it is :)

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    http://www.actiontrip.com/news/ms-working-on-breakthrough-interactive-display/091112_5

Another possible function of the next X-Box, if it's realized at all, some of these things have a lot of patent or ideas but aren't ever fully realized into a complete product. :)
    (Or how to explain.)

There's a bit more text besides what I quoted but it's satirical and humorous and not part of the article as such, somewhat cynical too. :D

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    my room isnt this big

[​IMG]

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    I think they mean for the player to stand still and the environments and such change and reflect what your character is doing but if this is realized it's probably going to get a bit weird until the player is familiarized with this type of display, unsure how to say it best, if it works with anything (Probably not.) and simply projects the display to four sides I do wonder how certain high-definition movies are going to be. :D
    (Somewhat disturbing example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIRTbqtwEXQ )

Of course the furniture and such (And windows and other light sources.) might also be a hindrance and make things a bit distorted, it's a interesting concept though. :)
    (But you kinda need a spare empty black room with four big white screens set up - along with audio and TV/console for the picture to be at it's best as I see it, I could be wrong though.)

EDIT: Wii sports or well a similar game just to have as a example with multiple players and a fully interactive motion setup might get a bit chaotic.
    (I guess even a casual yoga or dancing game might be tricky like this though.)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  18. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    Lets see some target render tech demos for the 720.

Also, wasn't Uncharted 2 and 3 Native 720p w/ AA(temporal) i dont remember, oh and killzone.

19. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    I have not been a fan of consoles sense the PS2 days, but I do have 2 kids so we have all the consoles and from time to time I will play on them.

I think we had the most fun with the Wii so maybe a Wii U might be some thing we get for the living room, but my 13 year old is a Halo fan so I am sure next year its Xbox 720 for Xmas.

20. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    why the hell are people *****ing about hardware? look at how old and crappy the 360 hardware is and then look at the games. they're honestly not that bad considering the hardware they're working with.

whatever the next gen consoles are gonna use, games will be optimized for them. it's not comparable to PC, like at all.