xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MaRRaldo, May 13, 2006.

?

What do you buy?

1. xbox360

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. PS3

27 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. Wii

39 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. MaRRaldo

MaRRaldo Member

GPU:
    7800GS
    What do you buy?

2. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    i chose ps3 as gran turismo 5 is said to be released on that and that is my fav game for the console. I didnt like the xbox as most of the games on that could be had on the pc and i dont like the look of the xbox 360 or the games. Finally what is the Wii?? lol

3. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
  4. main_shoby

main_shoby Maha Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Qnix 2710 96Hz
    i think i will buy ps3 :p

5. Advis

Advis Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600GT 128mb
    None of them. But if you held me at gunpoint I'd have the Wii. It's far more interesting than the rest.

6. martin2006

martin2006 Master Guru

GPU:
    onboard geforce 6100
    well i think my system specs give away which one i have... but its a moot point as the others arent out..

ask me again when i get more info on each..right now the ps3 isnt exactly blowing me away like the wii is

7. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    its about gameplay and wii has it. no butts

8. alebaba

alebaba Master Guru

GPU:
    6800 gt with t240hd 24
    I def going to get wii, after sawing the video, I was blown away, the only time I was blown away was when I first play shenmue for the dreamcast. I can't wait to get wii, but ill p[robablyl just going to wait for a while to see what games they have in store.

9. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    Well I already own an xbox 360 and I love it, so I'm gonna go with the wii. I do not buy Playstation products. The games just aren't my style, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear can only go so far. Not to mention Resident Evil is going to be on the Xbox 360.

I will miss Ace Combat however, I love that game so much.

10. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    ive allready got a 360 , and ive got to say that its a cracking console

im very interested in the PS3 and will definatly buy one , some great games are coming out on it, FF13(the trailer looks amazing) and devil may cry 4

the Wii dont intersest me that much , dont know enuf bout the games yet, as there doesn't seem to be any killer titles like the PS3 and 360 have

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Already have a 360 and enjoying it,in time when the price comes way down i will no doubt dip my toe into a Wii or a PS3.

12. Red~Mage

Red~Mage Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800XL
    I really never even considered buying an Xbox 360. It's a western games medium for the most part and I already own something that does the job a lot better.

I wasn't impressed by the Nintendo Wii at all. It seems to get targeting people that just want to get into games fast. It offers instant gratification and is cheap... Nothing wrong with that, but I don't enjoy games like that. So it's not for me.

The Playstation 3 is more of the same... nothing new, nothing innovative. But that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Long as all my favorite japanese developers keep making games for this platform, I guess I'm stuck. :)

13. shodai

shodai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7950gt 550/1400 w/vf900
    None of them, but if I had to, probably a Wii.

Xbox games are usually out on PC.
    PS3 doesn't really have anything special.
    Wii, well, Nintendo in general, seems to make good systems.

14. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    my vote goest to Wii =} i'm not buyng it i just love that name =D (good that it wasnt called pii +_+)

15. Vortex1212

Vortex1212 Member

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia 6600GT 128MB - SLI Ready
    Wii all de way... cheap nd itz gud

16. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    xbox 360 because everyone knows that all nintendo makes is kiddy games.. i had a gamecube.. u no how many games i bought for it...? ONE!!!!!! super smash bros melee.. it was great but its all they had for it lol

ps3... good specs.. whoopity doo dah!! specs are crap, graphics are crap.. its all about gameplay and there was 0 games i enjoyed on the ps2 so I chose to get my xbox 360 just because of xbox live and lots of friends have one as well,
    all of the games ive played for the 360 are out for ALL consoles, so it pretty much comes down to personal preference lol cause i think consoles suck in the first place

GO COMPUTERS!

17. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotec GTX 1060 6GB
    I already have a 360, so my answer would be a Nentendo Wii. I'm not a big Nintendo fan, but if SEGA is backing them up, then I have to give them a shot.

18. Ilmarin

Ilmarin Master Guru

GPU:
    POV 7800GTX 512 extreme
    Wii for me.still got faith in nintendo.at least we all know they care bout gameplay.and im not just talking nintendo classics here.Eternal darkness anyone?in the end its all that matters.for all i care the Wii could be an 8bit NES era console as long as the gameplay of the titles is good im game.not to mention the 20 years of dloadable ninty games.talk bout pure bliss for us retro lovers

also ill back Morketh up on this one.great hardware specs mean nth.out of the lets say 200 games sony was churning out for the PS2 monthly how many of them were actually worth playing for years to come?i dont buy a ps2 game since late 2004.with the exception of 2 DBZ titles.and then you had the gamecube with 30 lets say worthwhile games monthly.

as for the 360....i wasnt impressed by the xbox and im not impressed by this one either.most games come out for the pc as well (and look better too) and the so called xbox exclusives get ported a year later or so.therefore....since i have a good pc the 360 is not needed

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  19. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    I would go for PS3. Both would be good I think, but I have high hopes from PS3. I like PS2 games so PS3 shoud also be good and it also has backward compatibility.

20. I think you mean FFXII wich is 12 ^^ 13 is a ways off still.

It looks ok, nothing super special to me I like all RPG games esp squre soft so I would love to play it but no way in hell would I buy a console for 1 or 2 games like I have in the past.