Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 Comparison

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TheGriffin, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    As far as Metroid is concerned, it isnst just for younger people, and is FAR superior to FF or Gran Tourismo is as a franchise. There isnt much that can touch what has been done with the Metroid franchise since Metroid Prime.

2. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Are you nuts? The Final Fantasy franchise has been the fastest growing franchise and the most popular for gaming, Just tell me why do all do Console makers want to get their hands on a FF game to be on their console :rolleyes:...

Metroid Prime is an awsome franchise and i my self like it more than Halo, Which is another awsome shooter...but i got bored of it at the end :p, and Halo2 sucked IMO (Halo, was way better!), But saying Metroid Prime is a FAR superior franchsie than FF is completely faulty.

3. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    I knew that would piss one of the Sony fanboys off :p

Mission Accomplished :D

4. the_cleric

the_cleric Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

X-Box360 : around 300$

Playstation 3 : about 400$

A nice HDTV : at least 4000$

Pissing off a stupid Sony fanboy : priceless

Last edited: May 19, 2005

5. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    OMFG DID YOU SEE THAT REMAKE DEMO OF FF7 ON THE PS3. IT BROUGHT TEARS TO MY EYES. the bastards say that there is no official plan for a remake yet. I SWEAR AFTER SEEING THAT FF7 DEMO FOR PS3 THEY BETTER DAMN MAKE A REMAKE! THATS JUST MEAN TO SHOW THAT TO FF7 FANS! SUCH A TEASE!

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  6. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
  7. the_cleric

the_cleric Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    they would obviously make a lot of money...so it would be totally reasonable to make a remake...no expenses for story writing or concept arts or anything...just a remake
    but most decisions in gaming history didn't follow any logic anyway...so don't get your hopes up

8. Beavis

Beavis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K620
    That's a good feature by itself, I can now plug my mouse and keyboard into it for the ultimate controller!

9. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Well done my friend, We all have likes and dislikes :p

10. Agizor

Agizor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    Here is a comparison by IGN if interested. Both look nice, though there results surprise me.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html

If this was posted before, sorry.

Quote from the summary:

Now that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 specifications have been announced, it is possible to do a real world performance comparison of the two systems.

There are three critical performance aspects of a console:

* Central Processing Unit (CPU) performance.
    * The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell.
    * Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) performance
    * The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU.
    * Memory System Bandwidth
    * The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3's by five times.

Last edited: May 22, 2005

11. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    My only question is, "WHO REALLY CARES SICNE YOU CAN'T JUDGE ANYTHING BY SPECS??

EDIT: Just tell me when the last good FF game was? It was on the PS and it was called FF7. Before that it was FF3 on the SNES. There hasn't been a good FF game on the PS2, at least not gameplay wise. Metroid has always been a great seller. I personally hate the game, but that doesn't mean it's not good. I also hate the FF series after SNES, but that's just me.

12. Agizor

Agizor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    You can't judge ANYTHING by specs?

Soooooo... If you saw a .2Mhz whateveryouwant to call it processor, and onboard Intel EXTREME (ohhh nice) graphics processor, you could not tell that it would be a $hitty console?

13. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    .2mhz, with onboard intel, and advanced neuronal never signal processing.

UBER!!

14. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    correct, since it all depends on gameplay, at least in my oinion. If the game is good then it doesn't matter to much on the specs.

I could say that it PROBABLY won't be good, but it's not for certain. Half the people in here are trying to justify that one console is absolutely the best when all they have about it are the specs for it.

15. hello all...

just to address what Agizor said...

Quote/

"Now that the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 specifications have been announced, it is possible to do a real world performance comparison of the two systems.

There are three critical performance aspects of a console:

* Central Processing Unit (CPU) performance.
    * The Xbox 360 CPU architecture has three times the general purpose processing power of the Cell.
    * Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) performance
    * The Xbox 360 GPU design is more flexible and it has more processing power than the PS3 GPU.
    * Memory System Bandwidth
    * The memory system bandwidth in Xbox 360 exceeds the PS3's by five times.

"/End quote....

there was a cute use of words in the microsoft marketing team....:

The daughter die is where the 10MB of embedded DRAM resides, but there is also a great deal of logic on the daughter die alongside the memory. The daughter die features 192 floating point units that are responsible for a lot of the work in sampling for AA among other things.

Remember the 256GB/s bandwidth figure from earlier? It turns out that that's not how much bandwidth is between the parent and daughter die, but rather the bandwidth available to this array of 192 floating point units on the daughter die itself. Clever use of words, no?

Because of the extremely large amount of bandwidth available both between the parent and daughter die as well as between the embedded DRAM and its FPUs, multi-sample AA is essentially free at 720p and 1080p in the Xbox 360. If you're wondering why Microsoft is insisting that all games will have AA enabled, this is why.

But the one thing i dont get about these consoles.... Sony said the PS3 has 2.18 TERAFLOPS of power.... the worlds fastest supercomputer (Blue Gene) has only 150 Teraflops of power.... so 75 of these consoles r more powerful than a supercomputer???

16. Agizor

Agizor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    Heh, I remember nVidia going "The Xbox has 84 GFlops of processing power. Thats equivilent to a Crey C94 Supercomputer!"

Ahhhh how things change ;)

Anywho yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Micro$oft pulled somthing like that. I hate them. o_O, the only thing I think is ok the there consoles. But I also have a soft side for Sony. I was just posting a link from IGN = ) The final (and only) blow to not getting a PS3 for me is the Halo 3 for the box. Without that, without a doubt I would be getting a PS3. If that Killzone vid is an accurate depiction of in game play however........ $crew halo :rolleyes:

Ahh what the heck though, I'll be getting both (along with others here) anyway. I just can't wait ^_^

17. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    ps3 will be the greatest when the 3 are out, you'll see

18. sonoma1983

sonoma1983 Active Member

GPU:
    ati HD3870
    with the ps3 having a blue-ray disc drive while the xbpx 360 has only a dual layer dvd dis drive. how would that effect games for the systems?

19. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    basically it mean ps3 will have longer more immersive games. if you like getting ripped off by crappy short games with 10 hours of gameplay or less get an xbox 360

20. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    You are a wierd little person. Try posting in a more possitive manner. One that does not attack the other people. You have no proof of anything, yet you are so aggressive.
    Personally I am getting both and selling the one that I don't like to some poor fanboy to help pay for my new Vid card , or I may just keep them both. Who knows? I certainly don't and I don't think any one else here does either. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.