Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 Comparison

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TheGriffin, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    This is a little chart i found on GameSpot, I made it into a picture for people to see =)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

2. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    some info's missing.. but who cares??? this is gonna be a war between giants.

3. oh my. i read that a developer was critizing the design of the unified 1mb l2 cache for all cores on the x-box 360. and the ps3 not only has unified l2 cache but it's just 512kb...

and looks like the memory bandwidth isn't as massive as first touted. i think i read it was going to be 100gb/s. but now it's 25gb/s. a 6800ultra has more bandwidth than that.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2005
  4. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    I just got to ask. Why do you need 3 cores at 3.2?

5. the thing is no one is certain wether all cores will actually be enabled. it may just be there for marketing. i find it difficult to believe that a small heatpipe will cool 3 different cores on the same die each running at 3.2ghz for a combined speed of 9.6ghz. i remember reading a few months back that 10ghz cpu is still about a decade away and now we're going to get that in a console? if anything we would have seen such a powerful cpu first in the server market then in a pc or console. looks like sony isn't even claiming their cpu is multi-core anymore. it's more of a intel cpu hyperthreading design or how the ps2 cpu worked with two co-processors.

6. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    Well am not going to get either of them. But looking at those specs ,it looks like it's going to come down to games. Couldn't PS3 have alot better specs a year later?

7. and a size comparison

[​IMG]

8. evilkelvin

evilkelvin Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 XFX BLACK
    this is my theory.... xbox didnt have so many good fun games right? thats true... they had like a couple of good games, but sony had the most games and had more fun and better games then xbox... But the xbox was much more powerful then the ps2..... now.. the ps3 is going to kick xbox360 ass..... if this happens xbox360 seriously wont have a good chance succeding as xbox360 will have alright games but ps3 will have better specs and better games!

thats my 2 cents

9. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    Im thinking Xbox360, since its gonna be coming out sooner, $300, and its gonna be an all entertainment system (mp3 player, slideshow photo, games, dvd's, internet, etc)... basically its a really powerful PC in a small box next to the HDTV! ;)

I just hope these two consoles, wont have a FAN/HEAT problem, be it high levels of heat, or high levels of sound from the fan!
    Btw anyone know the watts it uses? Is it 400w? ;)

(btw... the Xbox is also backward compatible, and the PS3 also has USB ports, look at the image above!)

The Xbox has 3 cores at 3.2ghz... the Cell (ps3) has 1 core that is 5x faster than todays fastest cpu! So we have to see... the difference... to bad Futuremark doesnt have a program to benchmark both consoles and see which one is more powerful! ;)

10. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    The cell has 9 cores but will use only 7. ;)

11. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
  12. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    I kinda feel sorry for Nintendo

13. wizwizwa

wizwizwa Guest

lmao at sony vid

edit I smell poop lmao

14. sony is now going to rule the world. nothing left to stop them... god save the republic... [​IMG]

15. wizwizwa

wizwizwa Guest

lol so NOT

16. good, the world will need resistance like you to balance the world order.

or should i say, to keep the sony empire in check since sony WILL BE THE WORLD ORDER.

17. outlaw88

outlaw88 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Sooo...looking at the specs the NUMBERS say that PS3 is better (as a general term) but 360 has a much larger L2 cache and the 3 cores...so wouldn't you think that whoever has the better hardware will actually come down to who has the better programmers/developers and who actually figures out how to utilize all of this power that these consoles will have? Can we even determine just by looking at the specs whether or not one of these consoles is going to blow the other out of the water as far as performance/graphics go?

18. the cell's raw cpu power overcome it's limited l2 cache. though 512kb l2 cache is still a lot of cache. ps3 is supposed to be nearly twice as powerful as the x-box 360. check out the ps3 killzone trailer. damn thing nearly gave me an orgasm.

but in the end it doesn't matter how powerful hardware a console has. sure, it does play a role in marketing but what made the ps2 the most popular console the last round was games.

19. outlaw88

outlaw88 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Yeah I think I'm beginning to realize that the hardware is just all the hype for the tech savy. It's very much marketing strategy. However, some people will probably look to who has the funner games, some may look to who has the graphically-better games, and others might look at performance. But being an xbox fan i'd still like to be able to say that in the end 360 will be the better console but I can't say that yet and prolly won't be able to lol...In the end its probably just personal preference

20. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    its funny how everyone is pretty much signing Xbox 360's funeral guest list without even waiting for Microsoft's presentation to be released. I'm waiting for that 3 hour M$ presentation, it better be 3 hours or at least be 1 hour of demo's otherwise Ps3 owns it all, with thier lectures and stuff. I also expect Probst (EA CEO) to be at the Xbox 360's official unveiling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.