Xbox 360 vs PC....My Opinions

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by StormVR6, May 21, 2006.

1. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Is it me or has this thread just turned into a justification of personal preference exercise???

2. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB

This time, do yourself a favor and go for the elite of pc games (Far Cry, Deus Ex 1 and 2, Oblivion) if you didn't do so before. You sound an awful lot like me in the sense that you also seem to get disappointed by a game easily if it just doesn't have "that something" which sucks you in and keeps you free from sin (sorry, just had to say that! :D). I don't know which genre games you enjoy, but I'm still saying that Deus Ex games are incredible if you at all enjoy RPGs. Also, Far Cry is the king of FPS's :).

EDIT(addition): Just be sure to get the games you enjoy, not the ones which everybody else seems to. Also, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is in my opinion even still great fun despite its age. I'm sorry if I'm getting a bit repetitive, and if I'm making this sound as if you were some nooB in desperate need of advice... You sound like an intelligent guy, and I wish you the best of luck with your new "monster rig"! :nerd:

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  3. Electabots

Electabots Member Guru

GPU:
    780ti/570hd
  4. Blackwing

Blackwing Master Guru

GPU:
    Visnotek 4870 512 stock
    dude you are one confused puppy. should have sent the 360 micorsoft and get a new one for free. my only hope is not spend too much on your rig for a vid card. go for prooly a 7800gt or x1800xtx. no sence getitng the best when g80 and the r600 . r580 is just around the corner for vista support. I wonder how you expaling this to the wifey.. wel anyways welcome back to the darkside

5. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti

EXCUSE ME? I have been playing pc games for years but I still think G.R.A.W. is better on the gamepad. I am lacking of knowledge huh? Yea, real mature. JUst because you think its the best for that game doesn't mean we are stupid because we think differently. God I hate pc fanboys.

6. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU

Thanks for the "Welcome Back Home" party! I've already bought my new hardware and I've toned down my usual outlay for a good reason. I'll still be playing downstairs on my 42" HDTV as I did with the 360 as my baby son hasn't moved out yet! I can play through a HDMI cable at a resolution of 1280x720. Believe it or not even at this resolution on a 42" screen the quality is great. To be honest I thought it looked as good as my old Dell 2405fpw at 1920x1200. Due to only putting out 1280x720 I can go for a lesser rig, but still good enough to apply the extra trimmings.

Arriving in the morning will be a Gainward 6800GS GLH 512MB PCI-E @ 485Mhz/1300Mhz, an AMD Athlon64 3700+, 2GB Corsair DDR400 all sitting on an Asus Nforce4 Ultra A8N motherboard, powered by a Tagan 420w PCI-E PSU. As well as a few bits I've got knocking about (HDD,DVD etc) it'll all be going into a Thermaltake Tenor HTPC case which won't look unsightly under the TV!

OK not exactly what I use to have but also over £1000 cheaper, and by my estimation the perfect setup to give me both excellent performance and IQ at 1280x720.

So if all goes to plan I'll be back with my beloved PC by the evening, ahhh just feel all the hurt wash away! LOL

7. FlashUK

FlashUK Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT
    consoles will win over the devs in the end, they get more money for the games and they reach a wider audience. PC's will never die, they are the founder of consoles after all. But PC gaming is becoming more exclusive by the year as hardware prices push more and more people to move to the more affordable console.

8. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Here, have your rattle back! You are entitled to your opinion sir, as am I. You may well believe that G.R.A.W. is indeed better with a gamepad, fair enough that's your choice. Although there is no doubt in my mind that a M&K would annihilate a gamepad in an online battle, period. I don't think there is any immaturity in my comment, I'm simply stating the obvious, the mouse is far more accurate and responsive than a gamepad could ever be. And I never said anyone was stupid, you did. If you think my comment was intended as a bad mark on your person then I apologise prefusely.

9. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Kitch9, just wondered what res,aa,af you play your games at?

10. §moke™

§moke™ Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 7900 GT 256meg
    my take is consoles are for kids; the PC is for the big boys.

all the console is good for is sports games, thats it!

11. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Now you've really done it, Shadowsoldier is going to totally lose it over that remark. Sorry Shadowsoldier but I couldn't resist:)

12. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    Now I agree, I still hold myself superior then the console gamers and I call myself a nerd more then just a regular gamer. But I do like the 360.. it has great games and it certainly doesn't have 9 year olds playing it when I go to my lan.

13. Jason9875

Jason9875 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GT
    There is one thing a Console will NEVER have a comparable experience too.

RTS.

And the classic Command and Conquer games are what keep me playing my computer.

I *LOVE* Yuri's Revenge and C&C Renegade. They have to be by far the best games that man kind have ever produced. Ever.

(though on a side note Ill have to buy an xbox 360 for Halo 3... I just gotta know what happens in the storyline!)

14. Clements

Clements Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 670
    Ya, there are some genres that will always be better on the PC. The same is true for consoles. If you only have a PC, or just a console, you are missing out on some quality stuff. I'm happy with both PC and console games. I use my PC to emulate a lot of console games too.

15. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB

1360x720..... 4xaa, 16xaf.... Most games let me use this. Don't look half bad either....

16. Hajile

Hajile Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d FX 5900xt