XBOX 360 Questions

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by serious1, Apr 27, 2006.

1. serious1

serious1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    i am selling my pc and getting an xbox 360 premium and i have some questions about it. will original xbox games load faster and look better on it? can i use it on my computer monitor? are all original xbox games supported? will a 1.5mb dsl connection be enough for xbox live? can i connect a keyboard and mouse to it? is the xbox live really free forever on it?

2. serious1

serious1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    just remembered 2 more things should i wait for the ps3 and when will it be out?

3. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    I dont think you can use a keyboard and mouse with the Xbox360, but it could be in the pipeline and soon as one is released ill be buying a 360 myself, im not sure if you can use a monitor with it but if you have a HD telly with component ( Red, Green and Blue RCA) and setting the 360 to 720p then you will be blown away by the graphics and at how smooth it runs compared to a top of the range pc.

Dont wait for the Ps3 cos i dont think its going to see the light of day in 2006, get an Xbox360 then you can casualy start saving a little money then by the time the PS3 is released youll have enough to buy one out right.

a 1.5 dsl line will be perfect for Xbox live so your ok on that score mate.

im not sure about Xboxlive being free though youll have to look into it.

4. serious1

serious1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    just found out i can use my monitor, now do original xbox games run faster and look better. ohh and when will it be modable.

5. Jotgga91

Jotgga91 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO
    Yes You Can Use a Monitor, No not all Xbox games are supported, there is a list on xbox.com, don't feel like getting it, yes, if you are using a monitor at say 1280x1024 (yes that is a supported resolution if you buy a VGA cable, which is a requirement to play on a PC Monitor), all xbox games will upscale to 1280x1024. So technically, it will look exactly two times better, along with 2x AA which is also automatically applied to Xbox games. So basically it looks ****ing insane compared to an original xbox. When you get one, play Black on your xbox, then on an xbox 360 on your monitor, you will piss yourself.

6. Xbox live is not free at all! You get a silver membership which is usless if you want to play games (what's the point if your not?) All silver does is let you download demos and chat with your friends but NOT play games! An Xbox live GOLD account costs $70 a year.....

7. Jotgga91

Jotgga91 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO
    Way off, your right about silver, but its $50 for 13 months

8. serious1

serious1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    so all xbox 360 games are at 1280x1024? i can't play games with silver that's bull****. well that wont stop me from getting it. can i play xbox games online with xbox live on a 360?

9. serious1

serious1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    does the 360 premium package come with a vga cable?

10. Sorry I was quoting the Xbox Live starter kit....my bad......

11. Yes you can play Xbox 1 games online with your 360, and the only cable you get is a combo Component/RGB cable. If your talking about a converter to play on a computer monitor then no, but everything is there for you to play on a high def TV

12. Jorge Alberto

Jorge Alberto Member

GPU:
    Winfast 7800 GTX 512
    nope...sold seperately...its worth it
    i think price is around 25-30 USD

13. serious1

serious1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    Alright here is my last question(i hope). Does it load xbox games faster?

14. Xaser04

Xaser04 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 16GB
    No, at least not from the games I have tried. It applies some AA but alot of the games won't run on a tft monitor (due to 50hz pal here in the uk).

Also just to add BF2 modern combat(360 version) running through my tft monitor @ 1280x1024 does look really good and playing it on live makes it no different than BF2 (although I personally feel the maps are a bit better on MC).

As for the ps3 the way I look at it is can I buy it..... no, will it be worth it....... no, will it be more expensive than the 360...... yes(not by much but normally sony do hike their prices).

BAsically get a 360 now, enjoy it. IF you see something in the future on the ps3 then get that although not at launch. All I can think is something even more complicated than the 360 in terms of design is going to be plagued with issues.