x850xt => your 2 cents ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Webwiper, May 5, 2005.

1. TeaEtchSee

TeaEtchSee Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950gt (Winfast a400gt RIP)
    I have an Nvidia,

but the future will be ATI. There cards are very fast, but driver issue, Nvidia still has the most consistant drivers.

i wish the R520 (i thinks that right) would go AGP :(

2. Hitec004

Hitec004 Banned

GPU:
    **XFX nVidia GF 7800GT 256 GDDR3**
    U read the Future ....Right.....Driver ...hardware who Cares ....I want my games
    to run flowlessly without glitches ...The best combinaion is for me ....

3. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9300M GS
    He's selling in Europe... Prices here are WAY higher... can't get a new 6800gt for under 300 euros.

250 is a LITTLE too high though... I think 200-220 would be fairer...

4. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I think ATI have brought out a bridging chip that will let them put any GPU on the AGP interface, similar to the HSI bridge on the AGP 6600GT.

I think it would be short-sighted of ATI not to do an AGP version - there are still many more PCs with AGP then PCI-e

5. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    Webwiper. back to your original question..gezzzzzzzzzzzz.

i would suggest getting drivercleaner ( google it) .
    first, uninstall nvidia display driver from control panel, then reboot into safe mode, then using drivercleaner uninstall anything nvdia with driver cleaner, then use the "cab " cleaner in driver cleaner... reboot. when os tries to reinstall any drivers just click out of those and then install the ati drivers....id suggest using the 5.4or 5.3's i prefer using the "classic" drivers ( the ones without the CCC ). ( make sure all drivers for MB are up to date )

some people have had to go as far as reformat to get the transfer right from nvidia to ATI and vice versa to insure that all the registry and agp drivers etc are working without any conflicts, so dont get discouraged. :)

you will love the ATI x850XT. you wont need to flash the bios...

if you have problems.come back here and we will help ya out.

also you will notice that your system will load the ati drivers what seems like "2" times, that is normal, its because of the multi monitor capabilities. good luck with the change.

Flash

Last edited: May 8, 2005
  6. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9300M GS
    heheh, i'm one of those people - I'm reformatting as soon as i get my hands on some new hardware :p

as a matter of fact, i'll probably have formatted at least twice till then since that's not happening till october :(