x850 XT PE is a beast!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by SVT Amateur, May 24, 2005.

1. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    Hey guys, just got my ASUS x850 XT PE in and man it is a beast. I used the cheesy ATI CCC Overdrive program and it overclocked it up to 594 Mhz Core and 648 Mhz Memory (it actually is a pretty decent auto-detect noob overclocking utility). I haven't noticed any artifacts and I'm actually surprised at how the x850 runs 3 degrees C cooler at idle than my x800 with IceQ II. The fan is a little louder but pushes a lot more air than the IceQ II, which is all I care about anyway. I might do some benchies later but right now really don't care.

2. Agent_D

Agent_D Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon VII
    nice :D *chant* bench it, bench it lol let us know how it turns out

3. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    buy me one

4. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9300M GS
    NICE. Those're freakin sweeeeeeeet speeds...

5. cornbreadbreath

cornbreadbreath Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTX @ 615/1080
    Yeah, X850XT I have is very nice. I've never seen such awesome performance. It's relaly only beaten by dual 6800's.

Whoah, 648? Maybe I should jack mine up a bit, I'm a 590/600, but never thought to go further. I guess it couldn't hurt, though you probably have better cooling for your case than I do :D

Oh, I have nicknamed the fan the leafblower. I jack it to 100% on games, and man is that thing loud. It's a great failsafe for the overclock, but it heats up my room about 1C per hour of use. Really, the amount of air it moves is insane.

6. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    Can anyone compare how loud that fan is to a 6800gt?

I am considering either a x800xt or a x850xt but my system a pretty quiet and I really don't want a "leaf blower" :)

This would be the only reason I would consider going to a single slot x800xt.

Nice card BTW......

7. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I didn’t notice any difference in noise level going from the eVGA6800gt to the x800xtPE. BUT, by adding a zalman cooler to the x800xtPE reduced the noise considerably over either of the stock coolers.

8. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    Alright guys, I benchmarked the setup last night, and wasn't impressed. I scored 6766 in 3DMark05 which is only 16 over my score of 6750. I'm guessing my processor is what is limiting my score (although I know 3DMark05 is more graphic card based) as the 3.2 Ghz @ 3.9 Ghz still gets outperformed by a stock 3.6 Ghz (as noted by SiSandra) and I even noticed with my previous card that overclocking my processor @ 3.8 Ghz yielded the same 6750 score that I received when I clocked the processor @ 3.9 Ghz. So I have no doubt that if I upgraded my processor I would receive a higher score, but the only thing I would care to upgrade to would be one of the newer 1066 Mhz based EE's which is a little expensive, especially since my next build will most likely be an AMD SLI setup.

9. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Man, nice scores, nice rig. Do you happen to have any in-game bench marks to compare it to?

10. Dr@Home

Dr@Home Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570
    one question, whyd you upgrade from that overclocked x800xt to this?

nice none the less. :)

11. Ekajaya"VaLvE"

Ekajaya"VaLvE" Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    nice scores,but it could better.He upgraded bcause his x800xt card was dead.

12. rEbirTH

rEbirTH Guest

yeah it is a beast. in fact, i think it will make the new g70 nvidia part look not so fast. i believe there will be instances the x850 will be head to head with the nvidias new part.

13. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Thats what I was just getting ready to say bro. A badass nforce4 mobo with a overclocked FX-55...and whamo!