x800xl big problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Oxaqata, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Oxaqata

Oxaqata New Member

GPU:
    Intel HD
    I ordered this card about 3 months ago. About a month later a heatsink fell off so I sent it back for repair which took 2 whole months for them to do and finally got it back this morning, Ive plugged it in and nothing will come up on the screen but the No Signal detected logo. Meanwhile my old 6200 works fine so I am assuming Dead card. Can someone confirm this for me before I demand a refund :confused:

2. Sfolivier

Sfolivier Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT 256mb (672/972)
    I think you're right. If another card works and this one doesn't POST... Just make sure that it's inserted correctly, that the cables are okay... You seem to know what you're doing so I'll lean toward asking for a refund.

PS: Is your SB16 really better than the onboard audio?

3. Oxaqata

Oxaqata New Member

GPU:
    Intel HD
    The shop assured me they had it running for 2 days in a test setup, I can imagine a refunds not going to be easy with this place =(

P.S: My onboard doesnt work so SB16 has to suffice but it works perfectly for my needs =D

4. Freedom Eclipse

Freedom Eclipse Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 970
    an Audigy ZS doesnt exactly cost an arm n a leg anymore. ontop of that it still sounds amazing. I use to have 1 b4 i got an XFi after that the ZS got moved to my test rig

5. Oxaqata

Oxaqata New Member

GPU:
    Intel HD
    My headset probably isnt up to it :eyes:

6. Sfolivier

Sfolivier Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT 256mb (672/972)
    If you have a friend willing to help you, you could always try the card in his system. It would be very difficult for the store to argue if it doesn't work in two computers...