1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X800gto2 Benchmarks.

Discussion in 'Links' started by 3bqruk, Oct 5, 2005.

1. zhopudey

zhopudey Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X800 GTO2
    Awesome scores guys.
    I've just ordered this card, and wanted to ask if you are getting these scores on the stock cooler, or have you added ati silencer or something?

2. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Stock cooler for me. I can't go much pass 540/600 otehrwise i start to get artifacts, but this is in a case where the ambient temp is 45.. so.. yeah. When I get some better cooluing solutions and better case air flow (missing 2 fans now) i'll be able to push it further.

3. Ostry

Ostry New Member

GPU:
    HiS X800XL Turbo Ice-Q 450/1050@540/1240
    better from silencer is Zalman ZM-VF700Cu

4. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Stock cooling with fan @ 100%.

5. AMDCrazy

AMDCrazy Guest

Ok I got the files on cd thru Nero but when I try to boot to cd it boots to Win XP Pro instead even when I have the first boot device as cd rom. Let me know what I am doing wrong.

6. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    A box should come up saying "press any key to boot from cd" I think.. does that show?

7. wolfmancs

wolfmancs Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850/3870
    lol , but have to much diference ????? you can make litle over in 6800gt and get ultra clocks !

8. Octavean

Octavean Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Actually, yes I did read the techpowerup.com article.

When I read it the first time I only gave it a cursory glance though. The second read (just this evening) was much more thorough and I have a much better understanding of the process. I also read the “More extensive flashing instructions”.

However, it didn’t really cover the “modded Flashrom utility” with respect to syntax. For example, they provide ATI flashing utility info such as:

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/34/8

but it is unknown to me if such a syntax will work with the “modded Flashrom utility” for the Sapphire X800GTO2.

I received my X800GTO2 card on Friday the 14 th 2005 along with an Athlon 64 X2 3800+ but I haven’t had the time to do the physical install of either,….Wife and kids you know. I suspect I’ll have a free hour or two this week so I’d like to check the syntax for the utility in order to do the flash or is it a basic DOS GUI that is launched???

Any info on this would be much appreciated and I would be happy to hear from anyone who has the info.

Thanks in advance.

Oct.

9. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Well 3dm05 differences are:

Her: 6313
    Me: 58xx

So, this does get translated into real world performance, as she runs Serious Sam 2 demo and fear demo far better then I do. However, I do score more cpu makrs then her, but she is at a stock 3200+ where as I have pushed my cpu as far as it'll go.

10. Octavean

Octavean Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Thanks for the help and info. This is a great thread.

Anyway, got it (X800GTO2) flashed it (Sapphire.X800GTO2_16P.Samsung16.BIN) to 16 pipes and its running at 540/590 core/MEM,....for now,...

6427 3Dmarks,....in 3Dmark05

before with the X800XL it was about 5000 3Dmarks.

I also upgraded the CPU from an Athlon 64 3000+ to an Athlon 64 X2 3800+. The CPU is still at stock speed though,....for now,...

11. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Nice score, octavean

12. Octavean

Octavean Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Thanks netnexus.

As most people will tell you the mod is fairly easy. In my case, I had to use the “-F” switch to force the flash. No one else made mention of this so I was a bit uneasy about doing it but all went well nonetheless.

I was thinking about the recovery process for a bad flash and I was reasonably sure I could recover if things went wrong.

I figured that since I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe, all I would need to do was install another PCIe card to regain video and then flash the X800GTO2 back to the original BIOS by designating which card was to be flashed (0/ 1).

After the install it was read as an X800GTO and after the flash it came up as an X800/X850. Then I started thinking about the modified BIOS. Most X800XT/X850XT PE cards are VIVO right? But the X800GTO2 isnt, right?

Anyone check the video-in to see if it worked right?

13. Zmogus

Zmogus Member

GPU:
    C.P. Technologies Radeon 9200Se
    Hey dudes.

i have a question.Does only GTO2 flash to a X850Xt PE? or do the GTO Ultimate or other verions of it also can be flashed?

14. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    I am under the impression it is only the GTo2

15. ASmokerz

ASmokerz Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 9800 PRO @ 405/715
    As far as i know the Fireblade has 100% R480 Chips which is the same as the GTO2 and it also has a Dual slot cooler but i wouldnt know if its moddable.

16. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    the connect3d GTO 256mb card will also flash to x850xtpe. apparently people haven't figured this out yet, as the price hasn't inflated like the GTO2's.

also, hexus and a few other hardware sites are seeing the r423 core and assuming it doesn't work, but techpowerup has tried it with a reported ~37:1 success/failure rate, i think. maybe more? and the reviews at newegg from folks who have bought and tried it ALL say that it works. hmmm.

17. Octavean

Octavean Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    The infamous Tech Power up page has been updated to include the “Connect3d GTO”. If I recall correctly, the memory chips on the Connect3d are slower 2.0ns whereas the Sapphire uses faster 1.6ns memory.

18. __hollywood|meo

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    yes, that is accurate. apparently the connect3d GTO's are clocking higher than the GTO^2's overall, however.

19. Octavean

Octavean Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 / GTX670 / GTX760
    Really!?!

Even with lower rated RAM and a good chance of an R423 core instead of an R480?

OK, now I’m interested, do you have links to this info so I can read up more about this?

Thanks in advance.

20. __hollywood|meo

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    well, here's the basic stuff..

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles//overclocking/vidcard/127/4

apparently, even with the 2.0ns ram, it's clocking on par, sometimes better, haven't heard any disappointed results on other forums yet, but i mean it's probably hit or miss. it's not shoddy stuff though.

anyway sometimes it comes with the 1.6ns.. and sometimes it comes with the x850pcb... it really depends, but the first shipment of them on newegg was 100% success rate i think. they're getting/have gotten more in, but i don't know how that's going now. i've heard that most will OC to ~540core or higher.. highest i've seen was 591 but that was a little ridiculous.

apparently the success/failure rate is 45:1 , reported to techpowerup. pretty good. i'd expect a 16 pipe at around 520-540 core (maybe more) with aftermarket cooling, don't know how the memory does though so i don't feel comfortable giving you estimates.

for the price it's really a wonderful deal.