X800 Pro Mod To XT

Discussion in 'Links' started by BLyarx, Jul 19, 2004.

1. noobster

noobster Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic x1950 xtx
    well ....don't know if it's right to post it here..a new question

despite teh name of the card i guess that the only difference between a X800 xt PE an a pro vivo flashed and pipes unlocked is ...the clock rate?

i ask that because for security (who can speak of security when playing with flash :p) reasons, i flashed after unlocking the pipes with the x800 pro vivo 16p rom, is it just made to set the clock rate lower than the XT PE or does it do anything else?

i hope i was clear, if not i'm sorry

i 'd just like to know if the pro vivo bios is ok or should i use a XT PE bios under clocked?

nb: i also seem to have lost my vivo use? although the drivers are there, i get just a black screen, played with tv standards and everything but no go...any idea??

thanks again for any "help" may be just called answer in this cas as everything seems to work quite well

2. phrozin

phrozin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gskill ripjaw 2133
    I think I posted the answer to your question a few pages back but that’s cool, the pro and the xt run better mem timings than the pe but the pe does something to the core not really sure what, the pe will artefact before the xt or pro but back to back tests I have done with the pe and the xt bios is the xt is worth about 200 points more in 03 clock for clock due to the tighter timings.

I have found the connect 3d xt 500/500 bios worked a treat for me the scores in my sig where done with that bios I don’t usually leave my cards o/ced wile I game no need x800 is way fast enough as it is for gaming with all the candy
    :)

3. noobster

noobster Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic x1950 xtx
    thanks again Phrozin,
    now you tell me i remember reading this answer to that question a few page back but that thread was beginning to be quite long to find a specific info..sorry for that

i might try the connect 3d bios than

"good speed to all of you"

4. briinthesky

briinthesky Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS RADEON 6870
    I have an x800 pro (Saphire) which came without a box etc from a mate
    How can i tell if it is a vivo or not?

If it isn't is there any ways other than flashing to get the 16 pipes working ?

I havent trawled all 17 pages yet so if my qouestion is a repeat i appologise !

5. noobster

noobster Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic x1950 xtx
    i think that if your card is a VIVO there is a ati rage theater chip at the back of the card, besides, you should have receivec input/output cables with your card if it allows capture and output of video...

hope this helps

6. DeepRED

DeepRED Member Guru

GPU:
    His HD3870 Turbo @ V7700
    Hi guys.

I could use some help. I posted in another thread my problem and just noticed one.

In short I have a modded X800 PRO to XT-PE cooled with a Zalman heatpipe+fan.

I didn't do the the flash but the ATItools clearly shows the 16 pipelines.

So anyway, at default speed of 520/560, I'm lucky if WC3 doesnt crash or locks down within a minute after its been launched.

After doing the ATItools 3D test, I noticed things get unstable around 70+ degrees. Iddle I'm usualy in the low 40s.

For the time being I'm running the card at PRO speeds. But I'd really like to have it run stable at XT-PE speeds.

After reading some posts here, there are quite a few BiOS out there but which should I try? The card was an BBA X800 PRO.

Aside from knowing things start going apesh*t when I'm in the 70 degrees, all I can think of is the problem seems to be with the cooling.

I would really appreciate any help

7. phrozin

phrozin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gskill ripjaw 2133
    read your thread again not going to post twice should help you out :)

8. dexx

dexx Active Member

Ive read that, unlike the AGP version, most PCIE x800pro vivo cards are laser cut. Does anyone here have a pcie x800pro vivo that flashed successfully?

9. Zurech

Zurech Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX xxx 6850 with 120mm
    I recently aquired an HIS ICEQ 2 x800 PRO, that has been flashed into the XT PE with no problems. It idles at 33C because of the ICEQ2 cooler on it I would think. I have it in my brothers 2800+ with 1gig of dual channel pc4200, and it runs Call of Duty perfectly (caped with Vsync to 75hz on his LCD) with ALL the settings turned on high (6x Anti Aliasing, and 16x Ansio, at 1280x1024), when its doing this, it gets up to 44C. Its not even 6 months old, and I got it for 275 CAD.

10. icywind32

icywind32 Master Guru

GPU:
    ati 6970 2gb
    to go from pro to xt ur x800 must have vivo!!!
    in order to do this u would flash ur pro card wit the xt version
    word of warning-
    -have a good fan-the vid card will fry
    -once u unlock the 16 pipes u cannot chang eit bak
    -warranty is void
    -if the pipe is deffective ull have to live wit it

11. Zurech

Zurech Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX xxx 6850 with 120mm
    You can change it back now, there are new BIOS's out for that (for 16 pipes to 12). Yes, you must have VIVO, and even take of the heatsink and check the speed of the ram to make sure, even if its VIVO. Get a good name brand, not the cheapest one there is (unless its a good brand... lol).

12. Shuffl@

Shuffl@ Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5870M
    Bought my sapphy x800pro vivo couple weeks ago flashed to xtpe unlocking the pipes but had to flash back to my x800pro bios so yeah i keep the 16pipes it wouldnt run 3d at XTPE speeds but happy days a 16pipe x800provivo for £153inc vat new. SWEET

13. Zurech

Zurech Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX xxx 6850 with 120mm
    Instead of flashing back, you could have just used ati tray tools and "underclock the xtpe settings" to something stable....

14. bL33d

bL33d Member Guru

GPU:
    x1800xt @ 690/1800

Ya curious aswell anyone know if pcie will flash to 16 pipes??

15. Brodicon

Brodicon Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire x800pro w/ATI Silencer
    ya, it would be nice to know if anyone here has had any luck with this.

16. BLyarx

BLyarx Ancient Guru

bL33d & Brodicon read the first page, under "Edit READ.!!!" it should clear up the PCIe dilemma. Make sure you review, carefully before you go all flash happy. I don't want anyone with misflashed cards.

17. Freddoww

Freddoww Member Guru

GPU:
    x800 pro 535 / 1160 + fat1lity
    i have an asus x800 pro @ 520/575. My stress temp is 59C degrees. if i clock it higher the card get artifacts.

So should I flash it to an xt-pe or should i leave it like this. I think if i flash and open the 4 piplines the card will get too hot.

thx in advance

18. Zurech

Zurech Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX xxx 6850 with 120mm
    The pro flashed to XTPE that I setup for my brother doesnt run @ that high of speeds (it can, but there is no point for his uses). He runs it @ 500Core 520Ram and the warmest it gets @ load is 43C (but he has the HIS ICEQ2).

19. mehdi

mehdi Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    Whats the best bios for overclocking the gigabyte one oced better than the ati one for me right now i have the SAPPHIRE any suggestions on a good ocing bios.

20. Zurech

Zurech Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX xxx 6850 with 120mm
    I used the HIS Bios since it was an HIS card.... I would try to stay in house, but thats just me.