X800 Pro Mod To XT

Discussion in 'Links' started by BLyarx, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Alpine$un

Alpine$un Guest

I've tried downloading the BIOS links on this thread, but non of them seem to work. Can anyone post a working linky (And better still a fool proof idiots guide on what I need to do with it!)

Thanks in advance

2. proendo

proendo Member

GPU:
    GeForce 7900 GT OC 680/830 1.55v
    Fool proof

Alpine$un.

If you have a X800 PRO VIVO, THis is for you.

Fool Proof Guide

I used this alone and everything worked out. There is 3 stpes shown on the site

1) To back up your BIOS: (Floppy 'A')

2)To flash to the Gigabyte X800XT BIOS for enabling the 4 locked pipelines (Floppy 'B')

3) To flash to the ATI Retail X800 XT BIOS, for improved over clock (Floppy 'A')

I used 1) and 2) from the site and I now have an X800 XT Platnium Edition! 16 pipes fully functional.

I didnt use step 3) I was happy with default 520mhz core / 560mhz memory for now.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  3. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    moded my card using bios from http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

i used the asus x800 XT PE bios becouse my card is an asus and i figuared what the hell :p

works like a charm any xt PE bios from there should cover you but i can say the asus ones work great :D

4. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    nice site prophet

5. alexgontijo

alexgontijo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 7800 GTX
    Just a urgent question:

Does anyone knows if a X800PRO modded to X800XT PE is recognized as XT PE in the BIOS and in the drivers? ATI Tool shows it like PRO or XT?

Please, I need this information asap!

Or I have another question: MSI X800XT PE comes with the cooler that covers the memory modules or not? Because my friend is buying one, that don't have the memory covered, but in the MSI site the picture shows a covered card.

Thanks!

AleX

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  6. Zarul

Zarul Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB@661core
    About the MSI card, i dont know is it ram-covered!

About the Pro-XT q., YES it shows the card
    as XT anywhere u check! It actually became a XT model, as long as u back-flash the card to its original BIOS, it will be XT on any PC u install it!

7. alexgontijo

alexgontijo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 7800 GTX
    Thanks Zarul!!

I'm confirming what you're saying, and its correct!

AleX

8. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    Does anyone know if I can flash my PCI-Express x800 XT VIVO card with a AGP x800 XT PE VIVO bios?? I am 99% sure no PCI-Express x800 XT PE card has been made but am I right in guessing that an AGP bios won't work on a PCI-Express card??

9. Zarul

Zarul Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB@661core
    I'm almost sure that u CAN flash it!
    Doesnt matter wethever is AGP or PCI-E !
    Just u have to gather some info how to do it, cuz i dont know!

Wish u luck :)

10. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    I just noticed I don't have a floppy drive :) Guess I would need to burn those files on a CD and just boot from CD instead.

11. Zarul

Zarul Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB@661core
    yeah, u have to !

actually, I prefer to use CD instead of floppy, cuz u never know, most of the diskkets are faulty, and can damage ur card if wrong flash is done!

12. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nice to know that I can update the bios from a floppy. Now I just need to find someone that has flashed their x800 XT PCI-Express to x800 XT PE with an AGP bios or even a PCI-Express bios if one exists.

13. carfunatics

carfunatics Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    That's a great score.
    But it's not because it's a Gateway PC.

It's because that HIS X800 XT ICE-Q simply hauls ass.
    I seriously doubt that flashing to an XT-PE bios will gain you anything that can not be gained by increasing the clocks further if you can. Don't see why it would be a problem flashing either.

Your intel has me beat by a whole lotta megahertz and our scores are almost identical. http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=81060
    05 is extremely card dependent.
    I'm using an ATI X800 Pro VIVO flashed to an ATI-XT PE if you'd like to compare.

IS the HIS card available with the Dell? Or added at a later date?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  14. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    I think AMD's do better in the benchmarks than the Intel's (I've seen a lot of lower AMD's getting around the same score as me). I also think it is probably due to the amount of RAM I have, and that is next on my list to be upgraded. It looks as if you have also overclocked your FSB (although I could be wrong) and no Gateways don't offer the x800's, I got it from superpcmart. I have seen other x800 Pro users getting a lot higher clocks than me just due to the XT PE bios (and also good cooling systems, but my card also has a decent cooling system).

15. Zarul

Zarul Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB@661core
    I didnt notice that u have XT card. So it is absolutely unnessery to FLASH it to XT PE bios. U'll not gonna gain more performance, u just gonna void ur WARRENTY if u do it! So just dont! U have one of the best card on the market. That HIS X800 is just great. The card has that Arctic Silencer Rev.4, the best cooler for X800' cards! Just overclock the card as much as u can and that's all u can do to gain more FPS! I'm tellin u, dont FLASH ur card, u dont need this!
    Acttuly "6079" is one of the highest scores on earth! So....i think ur a happy man!

16. Zarul

Zarul Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB@661core
    i make 5460 scores !

17. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Thanks. I decided earlier not to try to flash it because I haven't found a PCI-Express bios, I can't find anyone who has a PCI-Express card flashing their bios, I don't have a floppy drive, and I don't think the gains (if any) would be worth the work it would take. I'm just one of those guys that goes from hobby to hobby and when I have find one I like I find out everything I can about it and do whatever I can to make it the best. Right now I'm on the computer modding bug and I have definately learned that I will build my next computer. As we speak I am putting up on eBay some of my other hobbies (top of the line iPAQ with $500 accessories, XMod that has $200 invested in it, PlayStation 2 with $300 accessories). Who knows what will be next? :)

18. freeman28

freeman28 Guest

the Club 3D ATI Radeon X800 PRO 475/450 256MB VIVO can be moded to a X800 XT???

19. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes, it seems that all x800 Pro VIVO's just have the 4 remaining pipelines turned off, and not cut. You can enable these by flashing an XT bios, and from what I've heard the Gigabyte bios is the one to use. But I'm no expert on this as I haven't done the flash, but there is plenty of information in this thread to lead you to what you need in order to do this.

20. darkclone13

darkclone13 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI x800XTPE@560/600 w/c
    Anyone try and flash their sapphire X800XT(non PE) to the sapphire X800XTPE bios? I want to flash but don't have a pci card if anything fails and would like some feedback from some members. Should i use the ATI X800XTPE bios because i heard they overclock better? Should i use the gigabyte flash utility?

Please give me some feedback, btw, my vanilla XT will do 560/600 with no artifacting at all, completely stable.