1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X570 chipset fan noise?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Gromuhl'Djun, Jul 7, 2019.

1. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX TITAN
    I really miss Abit. :(

2. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070ti Titanium
    The chipset fan on my X570-E Gaming is pretty silent as far as I am aware. As matter of fact my entire setup with the Corsair 500D SE RGB and 5x 120mm LL case fans and Be Quiet Dark Rock Slim cooler and fan has been much quieter than I had originally anticipated to the point fan noise is drowned out by ambient and I only hear the system running if the room is silent.

3. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Biggest issue for me with a ASUS X570 Prime Pro is the chipset heat. It reachs 80 degrees when pushing my GPU, because it sucks all the hot air from it.

4. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium

ExtremeTech placed an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X in the MSI X570 Godlike motherboard, then tried the same processor in the MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC and found that in the Prime95 tests, power consumption dropped by a remarkable 38W.

Even when the CPU was in its idle state – when the PC is using very little processing power – the idle power consumption dropped from 67W to 52W.

The website ran a number of tests on various motherboards and saw a pattern emerge where the processor drew more power in the X570 motherboards compared to the X470 mobos.

Source: Techradar

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Extremetech states the obvious, more news at 5.

6. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070ti Titanium
    Good point I didn't even think to check. Just ran Witcher 3 for about 20 minutes and my chipset temp topped out at 73 degrees C.

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Cant hear the fan on my Aorus Pro, all i can hear is my case fans (Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X) :D

8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    Whisper 5000... Dude, how on Earth could you even remember something like that? What a blast from the blast. Or a whisper from the past.

This is certainly a useful thread. I still don't know what I should do about the mobo question, but I'm, probably, not in any hurry. I might go for an older gen or even wait and see the B550 offerings, should they appear eventually. The chipset fan might not be the decisive thing for me, as long as it's not loud, but now I realised there are some factors to keep in mind, like the location. If the video card is nastily right on top of it, maybe it would be impossible to later switch to a passive heatsink, like probably everyone did back in the day, eventually.

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    Well, on my part, this Ryzen build had been easy as pie, my new rig booted to POST from 'git go', Win10 install went off without a hitch. Only minor hiccups were these crazy temperature spikes I'd been seeing, but I've been told to ignore them as monitoring software was being rather wonky. My rig is up and running, checking for temps and stability.....really, this was one of the most trouble free builds I've ever had.