X370 the forgotten chipset (ASUS)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Deckard, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    This once flagship chipset/MB from Asus was receiving regular tlc and updates to improve stability and to support the software that comes bundled with the premium product. AI SUITE 3.

There has been no updates since may, when the last beta BIOS was released 6201.
    This BIOS introduced
    Beta BIOS 6201

- (ASUS AGESA 1.0.0.2c)
    - Fixes fan calibration wrongly detecting 90+% min duty (not fixed at all)
    - Fixes APM settings (restore power on AC loss)
    - Adds an ACPI-WMI interface for sensor readings. It's the first release and may still have bugs. For example there's an issue where some temperatures and VRM current will read 0 (fans failing, AI Suite crashing during fan calibration)

Asus are way behind compared to competitor boards and vendors
    ASROCK 1.0.0.4 latest agesa)
    (
    MSI 1.0.0.4 latest agesa)
    (
    Gigabyte 1.0.0.4 latest agesa) see the trend here?

For those that don't know AI SUITE allows you to monitor and control your fan speeds and if you wish too can OC within the windows environment. This has been broken for well over 4 months and no one at ASUS is addressing or even accepting that this software has problems. The forums are a wash with complaint after complaint about fans just stopping and temps shooting well above safe levels, to the point of running the risk of damaging your HW.

Some forum users have gone to extreme lengths to try and protect there HW by setting up alarms VIA AIDA64 so when a temp is reached the PC shuts down.

So imaging your gaming on your favorite game , you glance over at your temp sensor occasionally to make sure your within the safe zone. then 3 minutes later your PC shuts down, your fans are stuck in silent mode and your temps have hit the trigger point. PC Shuts down. The only way to get your fans working again is to do a full power down (shutdown) and restart. but that will only work for so long as your fans will fail again and your PC will shutdown. so we rinse and repeat. You can however put all your fans on full in the BIOS to make sure you dont overheat, but your sanity will come into question about 10 mins into it, in my case 8 fans running full pelt. jet engine at your side.

ALl of these things have been reported numerous times and nothing is done,addressed,acknowledged.

No Updates, No Support, Nothing..

It has got to the point now where i'm actually considering selling my x370 and buying a MB from a competior that actually updates the board.

I have the C6E (this was not cheap) and it had it 1st birthday the other day 1 year old, and it looks like ASUS has pushed it to EOL already.

Keitosha likes this.
  2. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I have an Asus X370 F Gaming, and I don't even get the 1.0.0.2c. This board is still stuck with 1.0.0.1a AGESA.

Asus has dropped the ball with support for the X370. It's not like this is a decade old chipset.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Interesting post. Came to read this after I was thouroughly surprised and disappointed by Asus not flashing out BIOS fixes for Spectre for the Rampage 5 Extreme (X99 chipset, release 2015/16).

With those BIOS fixes for my board, there's a workaround / another way of updating, but you can't really work around a board's native fan controll acting up, or sensors nor working properly... I hope you guys get it sorted out.

4. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    I must admit it was actually looking a bit grim for my MSI X370 Gaming Plus back in January where the new summit PI was essentially bricking my system. However here this summer they released the 1.0.0.4 and it's actually the best BIOS ever for my 1600X and crappy C16 3200 Gskill. I've FINALLY got my memory running at rated speeds. I've not bothered to tweak yet but I'm quite happy.

AsiJu likes this.

5. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Have you tried to contact Asus ?

6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Going to be giving ASUS one more chance. Gigabyte appears to be the up and coming. Might give them a try. I miss A-Bit.

7. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    Yes Ive contacted ASUS and no response, no acknowledgement..

They have a policy of least said least mended. no open dialog exists with anyone at ASUS.

8. Ripcord

Ripcord Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6500xt
    This is the same for the B350 as well, no bios updates since April, Asus don't seem to be interested in these boards anymore.

9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I was really considering buying Asrock, but decided to buy Asus.
    What a big mistake I made.

10. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I will never ever buy a Gigabyte product again !!
    I have zero issues with my 1800x + Prime PRO X370 and I have zero issues with my 2700X + C7H, even though it's still AGESA 1.0.0.2C.

There also seems to be some issues with AGESA 1.0.0.4C
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/96w192/bugs_agesa_1004c_and_linux_udev/

Would I like faster boot times (AGESA 1.0.0.4.C) sure. Would I like new bugs ? No.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018

11. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    This actually explains a lot , thank you for the link. It does however exacerbate my problem of the x370 being forgotten.
    All that information was posted in x470 threads, nothing about this in CHVI OCnet thread or indeed in the ROG forums for x370. I don't check the x470 threads as I don't own one but it appears in order to keep up to date I must start checking those threads.

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    My Gigabyte AB350N Wifi uITX gut 1.0.0.4 on 8th of August. Maybe ASUS skipped one release and is late with current one. It is named F23. Previously there was F23d which is now gone and was for 1.0.0.2c.
    My main ASRock x470 board got 1.0.0.4 some days before that.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Not that it helps the op but been very pleased with ASRock in general and the X370 Killer SLI in particular.

Latest BIOS update from July 2018 too.
    Haven't updated BIOS in a while though as no issues + first gen Ryzen but apparently 1.0.0.4 AGESA based BIOS is very good.

Used Asus exclusively in the past but latest two mobos were ASRock, very good.

Good build quality and board layout, support and often main specs already show number of power phases and capacitor type (information which Asus doesn't provide even in detailed specs, that I know of).

14. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Asus has always had a habit of dropping regular updates for high-end parts when the newer hardware version comes out.

15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    X370 Prime Pro got an update in July, didn't have the latest AGESA but probably because of the bugs as someone mentioned.

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF