X2 overclocking for XP-64 and graphing

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by STEvil, Jan 28, 2009.

1. STEvil

STEvil Guest

GPU:
    VegaFE
    Is support for X2 overclocking with Windows XP/64 going to be added? Only one core can be overclocked currently.

Also will the graphing function be updated soon? There are too many data sources to display with the current method. Allowing grouping of sources (multiple data displays per graph) would significantly increase available viewable data.

Thanks for the wonderful tool btw :)

2. HDCHOPPER

HDCHOPPER New Member

GPU:
    ATI VisionTek 3870X2
    +1 here ! rivatuner is the #1 oc tool for all cards
    would be GREAT if it would handle X2 cards

props for writeing the program in the first place :) and being freeware :banana:

but please get riva working on X2 cards :)

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I don't plan to add Crossfire overclocking support for XP.

4. STEvil

STEvil Guest

GPU:
    VegaFE
    Why? There must be a way to do it..

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

There were many debates about progress about progress in ATI drivers quality, but taking from developer's POV internally drivers are still just plain terrible if not say more. ATI wouldn't be ATI if they provide unified way for Crossfire clock control under XP and Vista, like NVIDIA does for YEARS.
    I'm not a fan of idea rewriting Crossfire o/c codepath from scratch for XP, especially considering that I don't have a Crossfire system for debugging it. Furthermore, XP is almost dead, so forget it.

6. STEvil

STEvil Guest

GPU:
    VegaFE
    Valid reasons and I agree about the drivers.. maybe a way to shadow-load a bios (or just the part that contains clock info) from another card to increase CCC limits?