X1900 XTX Artifact

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by x0r, May 30, 2006.

1. x0r

x0r Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 480 AMP!
    i have problem with my His X1900 XTX,already installed the original driver that came from the his package(seem 6.2),when playing COD 2(all max setting),i 've noticed artifacting when play,the strange thing is when i take screenshot of artifact,the screenshot showed no artifacting in the capture image,but i swear i see the artifact when playing,any X1900 XTX owner notice this? have try another 12v rail,still experience this even on fresh(5 second) computer start,now gonna try new driver omega or extreme one

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    you mean, you see artifacts before windows even start?

3. x0r

x0r Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 480 AMP!
    no when playing COD 2,tried Omega driver,still got artifact, now trying with extreme drive one

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    That will not help, try to underclock GPU or memory thru ati tool by some Mhz .. What temps are on GPU? What PSU you got?

5. x0r

x0r Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 480 AMP!
    Psu Silverstone Strider 600 Watt,Memory : Patriot PC 8000 ELK 512 MB x 2,Motherboard : Asus P5WDG2-WS,also tried with extreme,still got artifact,now trying official 6.5

6. reggis

reggis Active Member

GPU:
    4870x2 and 4870 crossfire
    I just installed a x1900 xtx (ATi) last week. No artifacts with the current Cat 6.5 for me. Playing a 1650x1050 - 2/16 aa/af taa/hq. Game setting maxed. Are you running with vsyn off? If so, try running with vsyn turned on.

7. x0r

x0r Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 480 AMP!
    Vsync already ON :(

8. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+590
    i know what artifacts your talking abour in cod2. the only drivers that had no artifacts in the game is the 6.4's. the 6.3 and 6.5's both have them wierd artifacts. especially in the new maps. i believe its just a driver glitch. and underclocking or overclocking will not fix it just the 6.4's will.

if the artifacts you are talking about look like when your looking around or moving and all of a sudden a damn wall or looks like a steel beam shows up across your screen or your running and it looks like little spikes are eminating from you to away from you.
    this happens for me only with the new russion map unless i use 6.4's

9. x0r

x0r Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 480 AMP!
    the artifact

using 6.5 official still same,here is the screenshot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. x0r

x0r Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 480 AMP!
    but why reggis's X1900 XTX didn't have those problem? maybe i need to rma?

11. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+590
    im not sure but like i said the 6.4's are the only ones that dont produce those wierd artifacts in cod2 (since the patch) with my card other then that my card runs flawlessly.

12. x0r

x0r Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 480 AMP!
    i've tried 6.4,still same got artifacting :(

13. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    What are your temperatures? Idle and load?

14. reggis

reggis Active Member

GPU:
    x0r -- I will try the same mission that you have screenshots for tonight to recheck and see if I get the same or not. For comparison purposes, do you have the 1.2 patch installed?

15. reggis

reggis Active Member

GPU:
    I worked through most of the British missions last night and did not see any corruption like that in your screenshots. My computer specs are current as posted. Without more detail on your setup, I am at a loss.

Your system specs list a FX 5800 card. Did you upgrade to the 1900 from this card? If so, did you use drivercleaner in the safe mode to remove all of the old Nvidia drivers from your system?

16. eXploiT_HL

eXploiT_HL New Member

GPU:
    ATi X800GTO2 256MB @ 501:1222
    use 6.5 or NGO1.6.4

17. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+590

he tryed 6.5 no change. :question:

18. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    older post but any luck fixing this, I use cat 6.8 and still get artifacts on cod2. Only one map though but instead of the beam artifacting i just get black trangles here and there, not too bad but would like to fix it. Its a russian map, cant remember the name though not the train yard or the one with two buildings and a courtyard between them, Its the one with a sea view of a large boat near russian spawn.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  19. MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken Member

GPU:
    BFG 7950GX2
    I get those black Triangles to on my new 1950XTX on some desert map, don't know the name of it. apparently this issue hasn't been addressed for a while in regards to drivers.

Dan

20. PeterV

PeterV Active Member

GPU:
    HD5970 Gigabyte
    This is much the same problem as I am getting with my HIS X1900XT
    I get it in rFactor and also in the 3Dmark06 Demo.

Run the 3Dmark06 Demo and on Test 3 (Airship and sea monster) it will go really whacko big time - as per your COD 'rogue polygons', but far far worse!
    That is the one test I can run to show the problem 100% guaranteed every time.

It would be interesting to see if your HIS X1900XTX does the same thing...or anyone else's.
    It does it for any driver version, I have tested with all versions way back to V6.3.
    It pretty well must be a card problem I think. Memory or GPU problem.