1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Raider 5.1 setup not working?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by deltatux, Jan 23, 2010.

1. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I don't think I'd gonna get the GameCom. I might still be leaning with Sennheisers ... know any other good ones? The HD-280 is too expensive for me.

deltatux

2. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    You could try the HD 485, I remember reading on Head-Fi that they are good. :)

3. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Thanks for the suggestion but none can be found in Canada as far as my research goes.

deltatux

4. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    You could try the Sennheiser HD 428 or HD 438. Both are closed headphones that should deliver fairly good sound, though some say the bass is a bit lacking on the 438s. I was looking at the 448s before I decided on the 280s, but I can't seem to find those online in Canada. But the 428s or 438s are virtually identical to the 448s, just a different earcup design and different length of cord. The 438s have a 1.4 metre and a 3 metre cable that can be swapped out depending on how far away the source is and then the 428 just has a 3 metre long cable.

5. Postalisback

GPU:
    Sennheiser HD 238 might also be a good option, just depends if bass is important or not. :thumbup:

6. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Thanks for those suggestions, I'll do more research into it asap. I still got time since I'm not rushing for 'em lol.

I think you're one of the few Americans I've talked to on forums that spell metre correctly xD.

Thanks for the suggestion man, but it's over my budget.

deltatux

7. Postalisback

GPU:
    I'll make sure I check prices then next time, cheers. :thumbup:

8. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Spelling metre that way is an old habit of mine, annoyed all my teachers but its how I've always spelled it. Just can't spell it any other way haha. :grin:

You could also take a look at the EH 250 though I don't know if they are truly circumaural or just supra-aural like they claim. Be another set to consider and see about trying out in a store.