X-Meridian 2G with OPAMPS question

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by terranaut, Dec 22, 2010.

1. terranaut

terranaut Member

GPU:
    580gtx
    hello, i had some questions on the new x-meridian 2g, as i am coming from a HDhometheatre card.

my setup is that on the HDhometheatre i am using two OPAMPS, the OPA637SM which i got directly from auzentech, the HDht only supports two swappable channels.
    first, can i pop these in the XM2g directly?
    secondly, are there better opamps available then these i have? i'd like to know now because since the XMg2 supports all five opamps swappable and i only have two, i need to know whether to buy more of the same ones, or just replace all 5 with better ones. i know it depends on what i am going to listen to, but is there still a springboard from which to start?

my setup also is that i am using analog out with a splitter, so that one set goes to emotiva amps with paradigm signature 100 speakers and a JLaudio fathom sub,
    and the other goes to a woo audio wa5se headphone amp with custom tubes and denon 7000 headphones.
    i know the grounding is better in the XMg2 and thats a main reason for trying it out since I've had the sound of data streaming whenever the sensitive headphone amp is plugged in, whether it is used or not.
    the HDht from what i take from it, is better if you need digital-out options or need eax for gaming, which im willing to lose for overall better analog sound quality.

thanks for letting me know about the OPAMPS with the XMg2, enjoy the holidays

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Your front opamps would be the one to change first.
    The OPA637SM should work fine on that card.