X-Fi Xtreme Music And Windows 7

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Neo Cyrus, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    The drivers on Creative's site for Windows 7 don't seem to be fully working, only 2.1 sound works. I did a google search and apparently Daniel K. made working drivers but all the links I find through google are dead.

Does anyone have a link to the drivers?

EDIT: Er... I didn't notice that last thread, I'll try the drivers posted in that.

EDIT 2: No it doesn't work, still only 2.1 sound.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Doesn't ANYONE know of any working drivers?

3. Jamesfri13

Jamesfri13 New Member

GPU:
    msi n560gtx-TIHawk 950MHz
    yes use the new pax drivers i have the same card theres a post here with a new update i switched to vista due to punkbuster there great drivers

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    I already tried the PAX drivers and every part of it except the sound drivers themselves gave an error and didn't install. Once the sound drivers installed I tried it and the result was the same, 5.1 sound wouldn't work.

5. Jamesfri13

Jamesfri13 New Member

GPU:
    msi n560gtx-TIHawk 950MHz
    try again it wrked for me use the setup.exe not the appsetup allso when uninstalling go to devuce manager and unstall the driver in there reboot
    good luck creative cards are ficky with install and uninstall

6. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I was getting install errors also with PAX Win 7 v1.00 and v6.45s. I used device manager to install the 6.45 driver and works so far.

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Someone please do me a favour and upload the Daniel K. drivers somewhere, megaupload, anywhere. The links to them posted in the creative forums do NOT work for me. I can't enter the creative forums at all for some reason, the page just doesn't load.

8. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
  9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  10. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Will these drivers work with the X Fi gamer PCI? If so are they better than using the creative Vista driver on Win7?

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI XC Ultra
    The drivers off creative site worked with the very very old X-FI Xtreme music I had in my other comp even the pax ones did.

12. gold_heart007

gold_heart007 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX N560Ti TwinFrozr2
    aah perfect topic, i've been searching for.
    Sorry for reviving an old thread. But, i thought it would be nice to ask everything here.
    Ok, i am planning to go for Creative X-fI Extreme Music soundcard in few weeks. There are few doubts and things i need to clear.
    I'll be installing the card with 4GB RAM on MSI P45 Platinum board. And plan to use it for driving 5.1 speaker system.
    1. Is Windows 7 64-bit driver available for this card?
    2. Are there any H/W or Application specific compatibility issues?
    3. And lastly, i need your comments on this card. I mean, any points i need to look for before i purchase it.

Awaiting....

13. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    Verite V1000 & Voodoo 4MB
    You can either use the drivers on the Creative Labs site or you can use the latest drivers available here. If you are using digital out you will need this.

14. MiLk*iT

MiLk*iT Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 WINDFORCE
    1. There are windows 7 64 drivers for this card http://support.creative.com/Product...T=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_14066,VARSET=CategoryID:209

2. Maybe, this card was discontinued as of Aug 05 and there could be 64 bit compatibility issues. I was unable to use my x-fi gamer with the beta win7 64 but it does seem ok now. Have a look at the Wiki entry on X-fi problems. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-fi

3. Yes indeed;) If you haven’t yet purchased this card then you may want to be aware of your options. Unless you are getting a good deal on this card, $50 or less, I would consider non Creative x-fi solutions. They are made with better components, have better drivers and there are many many forum entries on sound card recommendations. Of course your budget will play an important factor so I won’t make a recommendation before knowing what you are willing to spend.

15. MiLk*iT

MiLk*iT Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 WINDFORCE
    I have never tried these X-Fi Auzen drivers on my creative card. Can anyone give me and idea how they will compare or if they will work without problems on a creative card? Thank you

Milk*it

16. gold_heart007

GPU:
    @milk*it,
    hey many thanx for the reply bro.
    Well, i am from India. The price quoted for X-fi XM here was around 3500 bucks. That in my opinion is a descent tag. I need to be very sure that, this card works flawlessly in Windows 7 x64. And there aren't any serious issues with games or sound modes!
    By the way, how is the sound console menu?? Can you gimme an idea? As of now, i am using Philips PSC 605, in which i can change sound modes, boost Bass, Treble, alter equalizer settings, boost overall pre-amp, add normalization and enhance various 3d Effects. Sadly, i wont be able to use this 5.1 soundcard in windows 7 64bit!
    See, thats the only reason i am purchasing a new soundcard. Hence, i thought Creative X-Fi Extreme Music would suffice.
    I see you are using Extreme Gamer. So, what are your comments about performance in games, movies and music? are you facing any driver related problems so far? Any stability concerns?

17. Chunter

Chunter Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 285 in Sli
    Xtreme music runs absolutely fine under windows 7 64 bit.
    Buy the card mate,you won't regret it.

18. gold_heart007

GPU:
    @chunter,
    Thanks buddy. :)

19. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    id just like to add to this discussion - creatives support is awful.
    i have a xfi usb 5.1 external card and works flawlessly on xp i have win7 but cant actually make the switch bc theres no sound support for spdif 5.1.

retarded to say the least.

20. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I have my Xtreme Music working fine under Windows 7 x64 with the official drivers as well.