X-Fi Titanium settings

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Feninski, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Feninski

Feninski Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870
    hi all,

i just bought an X-Fi Titanium.
    There are much more options that with my old soundcard and i dont know what setting to use for gaming or for music. I got 5.1 speakers and with some games like BiAHH you can't choose the sound settings and the surround system doesn't work. Do I have to use CMSS or Crystalizer? ...i dont know what are those options for lol

can you give me some tips?

thanks!

2. Rancoor

Rancoor Banned

GPU:
    y...
    u get 3 different modes. gaming, entertaiment(movies and music), and audio creation.

personally for gaming i just I deactivate all the enhancements with the exception of EAX 'course and maybe crystallizer (sometimes)

for movies (ones that are not already encoded in 5.1) I enable crystallizer and cmss and leave equalizer off.

for 5.1 movies and i don't use any enhancements at all I just use the optical out straight into my Logitechs and let the speakers handle the decoding. that way u get the movie soundtrack just the way the director and producers intended.

for mp3 music I enable the works- crystallizer, cmss3d, equalizer but no EAX.

those are my personal preferences. u'll have to experiment with all the variables see how u like it.

3. Feninski

Feninski Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870
    but there is a thing i dont understand...what does EAX do in games? under the Mixer in the gaming mode i got it enable...but cant hear the difference...

and if i understand, CMSS convert mono sounds in stereo ones right? so if a game doesn't support 5.1 it should work if you enable it?

4. Rancoor

Rancoor Banned

GPU:
    y...
    EAX enables EAX enhancement in games that support it, like UT3.

most games do support 5.1 at least, unless the're really old like Doom or Hexen or something.

Just leave the EAX ticked whatevea u do. thats what I do.

5. Feninski

Feninski Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870
    how many dB do you set the EAX effects?

thanks for the replys...

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Leave it at default, its what I did when I had a prelude.

7. Feninski

Feninski Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4870
    by default it's at 0 dB...that means it won't work?

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    it working dont worry.