X-Fi Titanium Mic noise

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by fenjen, Apr 25, 2011.

1. fenjen

fenjen Active Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5850 1gb
    Ok so first I had no noise at all. But like a day ago my mic started giving some white noise. Nothing too drastic, but it is annoying as I wanted to record my voice for vids.
    This is both on my onboard soundcard and on my X-Fi card but it seems to be a bit less with the onboard card (could just be me tho). Anyway to get rid of the noise?

2. fenjen

fenjen Active Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5850 1gb
    Anyone?

3. Meocene

Meocene Master Guru

GPU:
    GF570
    if you're picking up noise regardless of which soundcard you're using, sounds to me like its the mic that's the problem.
    you tried a different one?

4. fenjen

fenjen Active Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5850 1gb
    Tried it on another computer. Noticably less noise. Also tried it with the onboard soundcard. Still less noise. And I tried a worse mic, yes, which gave some feedback but also the exact same, quite clean, white noise my headset gave when using the soundcard. I'm also pretty sure nothing is wrong in the settings cause I tried about everything. I also reinstalled the drivers a couple of times.

5. Meocene

Meocene Master Guru

GPU:
    GF570
    how about mic boost?
    when recording analogue i've heard you should never set the level above 75%.

6. fenjen

fenjen Active Member

GPU:
    Ati HD5850 1gb
    Mic volume is actually pretty low. It doesn't help tho cause you still will hear the noise if you turn up your volume a bit. So it has nothing to do with the volume-noise ratio of the card.
    I also just got a new card (this time a fatal1ty one) and the mic noise still exists exactly the same way.
    I also thought It might be a magnetic field in my pc but I wouldn't know how resolve this.