X-Fi Titanium Fatality series: PCI Express card

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ¬69er, May 16, 2008.

1. ¬69er

¬69er Master Guru

GPU:
    Ge5900Ultra
    Creative promised fully-fledged X-Fi for PCI Express long time ago
    and finally it is here. Actually they are, as there are two models, as usual with Creative one comes with a break-out box and one without it.

http://asia.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=208&product=17791

http://asia.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=209&subcategory=669&product=17813

Both cards come with DDL - so that full gaming audio with all EAX effects can be encoded into a bitstream and sent to a receiver.

(I still prefer euld good analog way though:nerd:)

EDIT: anyone saw anything about their pricing?

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  2. Jatt5

Jatt5 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte/GTX560/1GB
    Thats good. Anyways i would like creative use Polymer solid Capacitors and Not junk capacitors on there x-fi cards.

3. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    I just don't have a spare PCIE slot lol.

4. InfamousAndy

InfamousAndy Member

The original creative press release here says they are priced at S$219 and S$299 for the Card and Card + I/O Bay (Singapore dollar). At the current exchange rate, it translates to $161.46 and $220.44 respectively. Currently, Creative.Com lists the card without the I/O bay at $149.99 (pre-order) here

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Hopefully they have good output sections for analog. They don;t say the exact chips they use, I hope they wised up a bit and decided to use some good parts. The Specs say Analog output SNR of 109 db, Not too bad if the card can actually live up to it.

6. strad

strad Banned

GPU:
    8800GT | Samsung 244T 24"
    no hdmi connector ?

7. MountainLynx

MountainLynx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570M 3GB
    While it would be a nice feature, where would the 1080p image come from? The only way I could see something like this being implemented is via a Crossfire/SLI finger on the sound card, which would require Creative to work together with nVIDIA and ATi to create drivers to provide video through the Crossfire/SLI bridge, and considering how reluctant Creative has been known to be with driver support, I really don't see that happening.

Still think it could be an awesome feature, though.

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    ..Auzentech has their HDMI 1.3 card coming which also has a DVI input for integration into the HDMI cable. That solution would work for both audio and video.
    Sorry to get off topic.

9. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    I bet daniel K will make an Hybrid PCI-E PCI driver with fully fonctionnal DDL driver :D

10. MountainLynx

MountainLynx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570M 3GB
    That is an equally clever solution.

11. 91LudeSiT

91LudeSiT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4GD5T@1435/1750
    I thought that creative said that PCI-X was not conducive to audio cards. So what would be the benefit over a tradition x-fi?

12. anthony

anthony Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6600GT top <- Smoken fast
    it would have been nice for creative to fix the drivers for the pci card first before making a pci-e card.

13. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +130/+430
    they took too long to add DD live,and then the price of it. is more then the prelude. IF I didnt have my prelude. I would still go for it over the 219 tianium and the 299 one.

14. Daervon

Daervon Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6gb
    heh...

Not going to spend $200+ on a card, just to have constand crackles/pops/BSODs until I lose 2 of my 4gigs of RAM while waiting for Creative to get their thumb out of their ass and make working drivers.

On-board sound works fine till I decide on a better sound card (which probably will be Asus's, as even Auzentech uses Creative chips and I'm not giving any money to Creative again, even indirectly).

D.

15. InfamousAndy

InfamousAndy Member

Those prices are in SINGAPORE dollars. In US Dollars, it will cost 149.99 and 199.99, apparantly.

16. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Why do they always remove the gold plated connectors just to save a few quid....

I think im still going with the Prelude.... not sure as pci-E version is usefull for me as i need all my pci slots....

After the hasstle with poor drivers etc, theyve put me off them a little.

17. dare_devil

dare_devil Member

Using colored connectors make it easier to identify which is which as compare to all using gold connectors.. the card looks pretty awesome in black