X-FI Platinum vs Fatality?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by InTheFlow, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

errr logitech make some damn good speakers so watch your mouth mate

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes they do, I don't really take reviews from a guy with no specs and 9 posts..I wonder what he would consider a real speaker system? OMG! does that mean my speakers are pretend?..

3. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

no they are just invisible :p LOL

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    oh thx, I was getting worried for a minute there...

5. jason_r90

jason_r90 Member Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA 7900GT KO 1.45@630/1660 SLi
    I have the xtreme music x-fi. I checked out the numbers on the ram with the (ram) manufacturers spec list. And its 16mb not 2mb. For $100 I couldn't be happier :) Yes, it takes a load off your cpu so the cpu processes more data for the game. The processor on the x-fi runs at 400MHZ and the Hynix HY57V161610ET-6 ram runs at 166MHz.Thats plenty of power for sound. And what excelent sound it is:)
    Like Eddie Murphy Said "That's A Bargin For Me...I Think I will Buy One":nerd:

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    My recommendation? Save the cash for that piece of overhyped and overpriced 64MB of memory and buy an extra 512MB of regular RAM instead. Same boost, less money "overhead". Waiting for possible patches is like waiting to be raped.
    And you'll have boost in all applications, not just games.

7. mi9tchy

mi9tchy Member

GPU:
    daddy
    hifi speakers, with an amp or receiver

i've got the x-fi fatality only because i got it really cheap, its quite a big step up in music quality from the audigy 2
    but for games i'm yet to notice the difference, an annoyance too with the drivers you have to set it to game mode instead of entertainment before you enter a game otherwise games don't detect sound hardware acceleration

Last edited: Mar 7, 2006
  8. adam1378

adam1378 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 5850 1gb
    x fi platinum its worth

Wondering others opinions on my thoughts of upgrade my current Sound to an expensive X fi. I have a M Audio revolution 7.1 now for my hd tuner and gaming. I works fine. But i am wondering is there something i am missing not upgrading?

9. The_AC

The_AC Guest

GPU:
    R9 390X
    Some guy's review of the Fatal1ty:
    All of the X-Fi cards are essentially the same. Creative has a good marketing team. Look at the specs and package contents on their web site before you spend the extra cash. Know what you're spending it on.

X-Fi XtremeMusic - Base card. Best value.

X-Fi Platinum - Adds the X-Fi I/O Drive and a remote to the XtremeMusic package. If you are going to actually connect something besides speakers/headphones this may be a good choice.

X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS - Adds 64MB of on-board "X-RAM" and an LED to the Platinum package. Creative has pulled this before. I expect the same results this time as last. They get one or two titles to use the 'sound memory'. Then market it as the 'wave of the future'. The gaming industry will pass it by. It isn’t worth the cost to code for one product unless it has a HUGE market share. That "X-RAM" is going to be used by BF2 and *maybe* a few other EA titles. Ask yourself if it's worth double the cost of the XtremeMusic or a third more than the Platinum.

X-Fi Elite Pro - X-Fi I/O Drive is replaced with X-Fi I/O Console and some extra software is added to the Fatal1ty FPS' "X-RAM" modification. The "Fatal1ty" LED is removed. This is simply for the folks with more money than things to spend it on. It is a marketing ploy that promotes the sale of the Fatal1ty FPS. One gets the feeling they are being budget conscious by not getting the "high end" item and 'settling' for the Fatal1ty FPS.

Personally, I'd go with the xtreme music.

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Not too manu games will take advatage of any of the technologies of the higher end X-fi's. IF you want to get one just for sound quality get the Xtreme Music, that way you won't break the bank and you'll get EAX5 although not very many games use it yet..Some guys state you notice a major increase in sound quality in games, some say it sounds the same as a Audigy 2 in alot of games. So it's all up too you on what you think you need..

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006

11. igmobbs

igmobbs New Member

GPU:
    Club3D 7800GS
    I have the Extreme Music edition and it is a vast improvement over my onboard sound both in performance and sound quality . I would recomend a good pair of headphones aswell , with my sony hi-fi headphones games like fear and Q4 are astounding (.

12. cloudman

cloudman Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus CU II GTX 780
  13. Session

Session Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 660 SLI
    yeah i dont think 70$ is enough to justify an extra 62mb's of ram. i got the x-fi platinum and its great. but only get it if you are actually gonna use the i/o ports on it...or unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket get either.

14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I think it will be guys like us who decide if X-ram breaks into the market or not. MEaning people won't buy the X-fi because a game they have uses X-ram, but guys will buy a game if it supports the card they have. SO if a bunch of people buy up the X-ram models, then it will probably get introduced to more and more games. I don't really see the point of buying that model right now. If you wait for a bit and see how the market handles it then you'll be better informed if you should get a model with X-ram or not.
    I guess we will see what cosumers decide is the fate of X-Ram, after all it's all up to US what happens with this technology afterall. Just my opinion.

15. ASmokerz

ASmokerz Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 9800 PRO @ 405/715
    I think he was trying to say an AUDIOPHILE system would own any logitech or creative speakers which is odvious

My DAD has a Surround set BOSE speakers costing 5 GRAND each with the amp alone costing 3 Grand. And wiring around 2 GRAND.

Hell and a massive cassical music collection.

It owns my Sennheiser PC150 hands down. I heard the klipche speakers too man they sux so badly when i ask my dad to listen to um LOL !!! Sounded good to me T.T

But the odvious is 30Grand > 200 - 500 bucks.

How ever u guys should flame him up that badly man ...

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    That whole thing was awhile ago, leave it alone...