X-Fi Gamer: Pax or Daniel K. ?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by RockMarc, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Rob McClelland

Rob McClelland Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    Np Let you know I do have PAX PCI XFI 6.60 Set out :) It be final tune up unless creative lease out new driver :). Ya some people want the BASS for movies off from there ps3 or there dvd players thats why I added the BASS just for that for movie lovers. hehe.

2. RockMarc

RockMarc Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 275
    Hey Rob, just got my X-Fi and installed the xfi software suite spring edition 2009: Everything's working grrreat for the moment. I have to see if it lasts, or if my two old problems will ocur again. So thanks a lot so far!!!

By the way:
    More bass is really not necessary for me, because i do have a really decent subwoofer and with the current driver set it already causes earthquakes, when listening to music ... :):):)

My poor neighbours ..... :rock:

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    I see no reason to use these hacked drivers that often come preloaded with loads of useless junk and half working features.
    I'm using original Creative drivers and they are working great ever since i bought my X-Fi.
    From WinXP through Vista 32bit and now Vista 64bit.

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Daniel K

Pax drivers are a bit buggy, Daniel does a great job, even though he is a twat....

5. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Plenty of people, including Daniel_K have revealed that PAX drivers are nothing but placebo nonsense with some sounds levels changed (bass increased).

6. Rob McClelland

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    It up to user to decide which person wants to download that. I'm here just for support. Some like mine others like others. I don't care really I'm just added support for cards that creative left out :).

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    And i think daniels drivers are no different. It's not like he can rebuild parts of drivers on his own. So anyone who says the sound is so much better with these is full of BS.
    Anyone can use EQ later anyway, so what gives? Lol.

8. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    daniel make a real work,if seach the driver between the original u can see,but the original is better if u havent any problems....

9. Im2bad

Im2bad Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB
    There was a definite change from PAX drivers to daniel_k's. It may be placebo, but I'll say this.

When I tried to adjust bass on PAX, it seemed like it did nothing, but when I changed it on daniel_k's, I could definetly hear the difference.

So in short, I'd use daniel_k's.

10. Rob McClelland

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    Ya Thats why there two sets two choice from my sets supports Dell HP Oem XFI cards his doesn't. Thats why I'm here in the forum if you need any question to ask or help. I know creative for long time. Or need help installing the driver or removing it. Plus I added support for those special cards even audigy special cards if creative left them out and I added them to the set. There are few who have OEM cards that creative doesn't support all and I do.

11. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    sometimes the moded drivers swre it all,if is really moded