X-Fi Gamer: Pax or Daniel K. ?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by RockMarc, Apr 25, 2009.

1. RockMarc

RockMarc Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 275
    Which driver would you recommend for an X- fi Gamer card? Main Usage: Games, Movies, MP3s.

Had quite some issues with my SB Audigy 2 ZS under Vista 64, so i'm exspecting my X-Fi within the next days. So which driver is probably the most troublefree?

2. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    m8 i was an x-fi user all this year i had all the x-fi series from the x-music to elite pro,now as u ccan see i have an asus audio and im so pleazed! and i so wondering why asus wont released audio cards earlier,i wont give so much money to x-fis for nothing!its a friendly opinion

3. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    What the hell is your problem? You provided no help at all but came into his thread to piss in his cheerios? Get a grip you don't even know what you like about your asus card except that it isn't creative. pfft anyway Sorry I can't help either :frown: cause I've always just used the drivers from creative and never had a problem. I'm on Vista 64 as well.

4. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i used daniel.K XFI_SupportPack_1_1 worked like a charm when i tried vista 64 3weeks ago.

6. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    what if YOUR problem,i just said my opinion m8 if u dont like ignore it...so....

7. cozee

cozee Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 260GTX x2Freezer
    whoa live4life you have the problem by the looks of it bud,you attack a question on a helpful forum doin nothin but dissin the lads/lasses happy purchase...then you start back to the lad/lass who defeneded said person..your just looking for an arguement bud.
    This is a forum for help and advice not disrespectful knowit alls.

RockMark personally id try them all starting with gamer.
    If there is a 64bit driver and its past its first beta i think you should be ok..

8. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    i fault again? LOL lol i say my opinion and that one says im attack,,,i say just lol and im not play with this

9. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    He didn't ask for your opinion. He asked what the best driver for his card was. Take your Creative bashing elsewhere.

Eth

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    the OP didn't ask for your opinion about creative sound cards. He/She asked what the best driver is for his X-Fi Gamer. You're "opinion" was completely pointless and unnecessary. All you appear to be doing is trolling.

11. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    blablabla ok ok ok.........

12. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Can't you just admit you were out of line instead of continuing your little tirade?

Eth

13. °L°

°L° Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hi,

I've a Xtreme card gamer too.
    And i use Daniel.K drivers.
    No problems but i've never test the other driver ^^ for said the truth

14. SpdyRobi

SpdyRobi Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 SLI
    I used both and it came down to 2 things for me:

1. If you want better your music to sound nice and crisp daniel k is the way to go

2. if you want some insane bass with your sound not as crisp use the Pax drivers

Anyways hope that gives ya a little idea of where to head

SpdyRobi

15. Rob McClelland

Rob McClelland Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    Ya it's up to user to decided what set they want used I'm here just for support thats all. And help people out with there sound cards.

16. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    I like Daniels...

17. RockMarc

RockMarc Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 275
    Thanks for all the replies! Even though live4life didn't aswer my question, i do appreciate his opinion as a good advice. No need to fight about that, kids!

Like many others i'm absolutly dissappointed about creatives bad driver and vista support regarding the audigy cards, trying to force people to buy their X-Fis.
    I wouldn't have bought another creative product (by the way:the card i ordered is used - EBAY -), if it wasn't the cheapest way for me.
    So if i had another hundred dollars, i surely would have chosen some asus card or something similar.
    I'm not so much of an Hi-Fi-Freak, but i do appreciate some crispy sound when it comes to gaming or listening mp3s (mainly Metal and Classics).

My main concern is about issues like i had them with every!!! driver (PAX and Daniel K.) with my Audigy 2 ZS:
    - From time to time my center speaker (5.1) did get no signal, so i had to turn up the center speaker to 100% and let the test-loop run, then it starts working with a short crackling sound and i can turn the volume down again (pretty anoying).
    The other issue is the following:
    if i start teamspeak after my computer has run for some period of time - let's say two hours - then my voice is distorted sounding like a chopper. Only way to fix it temporarely is to reboot.
    Those problems do occur no matter which driver i use or how clean i do the installation/deinstallation (I also tried some complete and clean vista reinstallation, cleaned with driver sweeper AND manually every registry entry and so on ...).

As you can imagine i'm pretty pi..ed off by that.
    So at the moment i'm just interested in the most stable and troublefree driver for an X-Fi Extreme Gamer PCI-card under Vista Ultimate 64 Bit.

Although Rob's drivers didn't resolve my problems with my Audigy, i always liked them best and might give them another try first.

But i'm always willing to learn and some
    good advice is always welcome... :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  18. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    THX m8 i just say my opinion to help u aout with card selection,and all the other come to me and fight!LOL hehe whatever i hope u choose the best!if u need so advice im here to help...c yaaaaaaaa m8

19. Rob McClelland

Rob McClelland Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    Did you try my Pax Audigy 6.50 set it's base on newest drivers from March 23 09 set. I'm here if you need my advice too I help out lot people. I know creative sounds cards very well :).

20. RockMarc

RockMarc Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 275
    Thanks, Rob. Yes i tried the 6.50 set, but it still didn't help with my occcasional problems ("muted" center speaker and "chopper" mike). In the meantime they do sound great.
    Anyway, i just downloaded the X-Fi set 6.55, while i'm waiting for my X-Fi Extreme Gamer to be shipped from the US. If the problems still persist, i guess i'm gonna need some further help from you ...

So cheers for you offer! :)