X-Fi Game Mode:Enable EAX Effects?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Cycloid, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Cycloid

Cycloid Master Guru

GPU:
    2x256MB Geforce 7800GTs in SLi
    what Does The check box 'Enable EAX effects' when in game mode on the audio console?

I always figured uncheck it cause it will apply stuff on Windows sounds (when not playing games).

Reading some forums posts on other sites it is looking like I am a loser for doing this! In entertainment mode you can change the effect, but in game mode the EAX setting must be on for games to actually use EAX! Is that true?

Also,

What should the db slider for it be set to when on? 0.0db being the default.

PS. Creative's 'F1' help sux bigtime!

2. Cycloid

Cycloid Master Guru

GPU:
  3. Cycloid

Cycloid Master Guru

GPU:
  4. Ultraq

Ultraq Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6800GT AGP
    In Entertainment mode, it does play around with the current sound stream so that what you hear is EAX-ified. I'm not sure on Game Mode, but my guess was that it enables EAX so that it's there for games that use it.

I've just run a basic program that detects available EAX modes through OpenGL, with the tickbox on and off, and EAX 1 through 5 was available both times. Maybe the guy that said it was for Mic only was right seeing as the Mic options just below get greyed-out when you untick the box.

5. Cycloid

Cycloid Master Guru

GPU:
    For a supposed world-beating,world conquering Sound card the accompanying software and documentation really sucks.

I mean, REALLY REALLY sucks!

6. Cycloid

Cycloid Master Guru

GPU:
    bump goes the weasel... or was that pop?

7. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    As far as I can tell, the setting seems meaningless in Game mode. Games still detect there is EAX available, so therefore it is assumed effects as programmed by the game are used.

Also, this setting doesn't seem to do anything with the mic at all in Game mode at least. I guess this setting shouldn't even be shown in Game mode and lazy creative just felt leaving it there didn't matter. lol

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    This thread is 2 years old.

9. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    And so now when someone comes across it in a search like I did, there will be information that is useful. lol

10. 1bit

1bit Active Member

GPU:
    7970 / Samsung SA27950D
    Damn, I'm always late to the show