wu to many for one day i think ??

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by iancook221188, Jan 25, 2010.

1. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    hello there ive been folding for guru3d for few mouth now and over the last 2 week been going 24/7 i have been watching my results on extremeoverclocking folding Stats pages and ive noticed that one day i did 33 wu. when my normal is around 18 wu/8500ppd but when i did 33 it was 7800ppd how does this work i don't think there are work unit that small are there??

here the link
    http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=483457

i was just a little confused is there anything unusual going on

2. Romiz

Romiz Guest

My guess is you had a lot of failed projects that day. I know if you use /advanced methods flag on get tons of failures. That is reason removed it since was getting none stop errors using it. Also they released some new projects this week and been reading some are not stable so do fail.

On a good note even if a fold fails you still get PPD credit for percent you completed.

3. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    yer thx i was trying to get an old 8600gt working and look back on the log file and that sound like what happend

4. Romiz

Romiz Guest

I had the same issue with my 8600 GT. It had a failure rate of about 50%. Moved to a 9600 GT and failure rate is zero so far.

Just update there is also a fold out that can fail. Project 10101 that everyone hates is being ran again and it keep hanging then fails. I am fighting with it right now and had to babysit it just to keep it going.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010