WTF ubisoft...this makes me sick

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Woot, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Hmm, I don't know, it should look kinda close.

That is a really really big drop in quality, compared to previous versions, it looks really nasty, sure it's not on some really low card and the max settings is only what the card can handle, because that's rubbish.

Is this Splinter Cell Double Agent? Surely someone here has some screenshots to see if it's really the case.

2. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    yeah its DA , ive played the demo with the next gen content setting on and its looks roughtly the same as the screenshot above , but i dont know if there are other setting's you can tweak to make it look nicer as the config file is massive

3. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    ROFL.

You think its hard to get 360 games without paying a dime?

Rofl, dont make my shoes laugh...

Whats the point of wasting money on a beta product. People seem to not realize, that if you couldn't get something for free, majority of people wouldn't buy it anyways

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  4. k4t4n4

k4t4n4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    B
    That doesnt justify anything ?

5. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    wtf, I think those shots are the wrong way round: look at this:

PC:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

XBOX 360:

[​IMG]

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well, no, there's ways, but you need a chip or something right? Anyway, levels of piracy on consoles is lower, that's a fact.

7. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    Its really sad all multi-plat games for the PC, graphics wise, have been better on PC but oooo noooo not Ubisoft......

8. uploader

uploader Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    [QUOTE might convince PC players to shift to another, trouble free platform. PC devs can't seem to release a well coded game atm.
    [/QUOTE]

You know what: i did just that. I bought myself a 360 together with a nice 32" HDTV and i couldn't be happier.

Specially when i spoke to a guy today who is playing the PC version of Rainbow Six: Vegas and he told me that there is no way to enable AA in the PC version, just like what happened with GRAW. I mean WTF...

I hate to say it, because i'm a die hard PC gamer for many years now, and i will come back sooner or later, but for now, i'm very happy with my 360.

9. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    from what ive heard you dont need a chip...you just take your 360 dvd driv...plug it into PC..and flash it with haxz0r bios. lol. i would never risk that though.

10. uploader

uploader Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    Yep i flashed my dvd player, it's stealth too, so you can play on Live also.

11. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Well, i really wish that all people on this planet are wealthy enough to buy everything they want, but that's simply not possible... ;)

12. p-nut

p-nut Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5870
    DO NOT WORRY! When DX10 comes out! THERE WILL BE NO NEXT GEN FOR CONSOLE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH

Then we'll have something to brag about.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Games are 100% about gameplay and atmosphere, not graphics. If you want to brag about graphics, go ahead, but dx10 won't make games better.

14. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    RagDoll_Effect

First pictures is a Render That has been edidted in Photoshop.

The 360 Version looks better.

15. Jazza104

Jazza104 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1GB 4870
    I'm pretty sure all those shots are to lure you in to buy the game, wouldn't surprise me if they if they manipulated it with Photoshop.

16. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
  17. Woot

Woot Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7900GS-KO 256MB
    wow people play the damn game

These shots are real( and that shot looks good compared to some other levels on the pc...)the pc version looks like ass compared to the 360 version these shots were taken from a review (they gave it 6.0/10)

And I tried the game on my pc ....lol wont even run ...........these guys ran it on a 8800 and it still ran like ass

look at this

http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2884

"Overall the game feels rushed, not in the storyline or gameplay necessarily, but in basic things like the interface and overall game stability. There are a lot of hardware incompatibilities which will leave some people, especially 8800 owners, with no current means to play the game after paying up their hard-earned money to buy it. It might be more understandable if the problems were with older-generation cards that were phased out, but on the 8800 - NVIDIA's flagship solution for highest performance - it's just not right."

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  18. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    The problem these days, is, why should I buy a game, when you buy the game, you get this disc, that is copy protected, usually a pain to deal with and a whole bunch of other little problems.

vs.

You download the game off the net, so you don't pay for it, plus, you get a game with no protection in it, that you install, whack a crack in for, and play, no worries, no disc no problems.

People are going to crack and hack these things forever, so you may as well start making your security a bit more lax. Same go's for OS's.

19. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    exactly , i buy every game i own , but after i buy it and i get problems i think why should i pay £30 for this pile of crap when i could get it for free

20. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    absolutely, companies waste all their money on protection and all that crap when hackers will crack the protection pretty much the day it comes out and the people they are really penalising are legit buyers

why spend all the money that they do on buggy protections that don't really protect their products but instead using that money to make sure the games are developed properly and bug free and even lowering the price so more people will actually buy the game instead of downloading it off the internet