Wtf? low 3dmark?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by ramprat, Nov 15, 2004.

1. ramprat

ramprat Member

GPU:
    MSI ATi Radeon X1900XTX 512mb
    running a X800 Pro on stock speeds with everything set to performance, and i got like 7800 3dmarks in 03.
    wtf is going on? im using 4.12's

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    MSI K8N Platinum
    PC 3200
    ATi X800 Pro

is there something wrong? :/ how fast could i oc or whatnot i bought ramsinks but never used them all copper i could put on but whatev.. any input please :(

2. Evil-Taco

Evil-Taco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtec nVidia 6800 GT Pci-Express
    Did you install the nForce dirvers for you motherboard. Also we have the MSI live update, use that to update your nForce drivers and use the newest bios.

3. David Deed

David Deed Don Alfa Terga Inconiti

GPU:
    Geforce 6600
    are you running with aa or af on?

4. ramprat

ramprat Member

GPU:
    no aa, no af and my nforce drivers were already installed since i used to use my 5950 in it. and yeah i uninstalled all of my nvidia junk too.

5. football

football Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Golden Sample 256mb5900XT(5950U)530@1035
    Why not just do a complete reinstall of the OS?

6. Crucible

Crucible Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti ASAP
    ramprat, I am in the same boat. I just bought an x800 pro, had a geforce fx 5900. I noticed almost no performance increase in games. In CSS stress test I get the SAME FU**ing score with both video cards.

After a fresh install on a brand new HD my score went from a whopping 9300 to 9400. Don't go reinstalling XP. I wasted hours of time doing that. I about 10 seconds from returning the card to CompUsa and getting a full refund and just sticking to my geforce fx 5900.

7. ramprat

ramprat Member

GPU:
    yeah i think im gunna go return this to comp usa on monday or tuesday and get a 6800 GT .. f this card :/

8. Crucible

Crucible Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti ASAP
    That is seriously what I am doing. I am 100% certain I am on tuesday when they have more 6800 GTs in stock.

Btw, I also noticed something really strange. While playing some games the FPS suddenly drop from 80 to 20 (or so). They then stick there at 20 for a while then shoot back up. And this can be when I am just standing still doing nothing. I checked the cpu, it is not being used by another program. I think the card might be overheating as well. Either way ATI sucks, if I had a nvidia card this problem would not happen.

What is just damned funny is that two of us on the same day have the problem. Our computers are even very similar. Maybe the cards are just bad... Do you happen to live around lansing michigan? But I guess the shipment of cards all came from ATI. Probably both from the same batch.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  9. stefanovicho

stefanovicho Maha Guru

GPU:
    gf 6800GT / M8600GT
    why did you buy a x800 pro in the first place ?

everybody knows they only have 12 pipelines and are slower against the 6800GT

( afcourse you can mod some models, but would you risk it ? besides a 6800GT easy goes to ultra (and over ) speeds )

10. ramprat

ramprat Member

GPU:
    impulse buy and i only paid 370 for it, just wanted to see some 'better speed' hopefully the *******s at compusa will have a GT today or tomorrow. this is obnoxious, i won't knock on the card it does what it's supposed to do, just like.. well slower lol

11. stefanovicho

stefanovicho Maha Guru

GPU:
    gf 6800GT / M8600GT
  12. Crucible

Crucible Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti ASAP
    Hey, did you get a TAP warranty? I called them any they said if it works and you return it opened you have to pay a 15% restocking fee. I bought the TAP warranty so I can swap it for no fee. I think you are screwed.

13. ramprat

ramprat Member

GPU:
    they don't know if it works ornot, u can say it doesn't, i did it before with a steering wheel, that actually worked but didn't in windows so i never got charged. 15% isn't a big deal to me. i can cover it.