WoW - Shadowlands - October 27

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Amaze, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Still catching up on the expansions with a new alt but I have Shadowlands pre-installed.

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
  3. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    I wanna say that I'll cave in and buy this expansion but when Blizzard gives people like this scumbag a pass, they're making it a really hard sell.

This has been widely reported and posts have been made on the official forums asking for some clarification only for the posts to get locked. Thanks but no thanks.

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Characters that are level 120 will become level 50. Is that just for Shadowlands content?

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
  6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    You know, when I see videos like this going into the systems we're gonna have to deal with I just don't want to play. Why do they insist on pushing these convoluted, restrictive systems on us. Who wants this?
    And do we really need 390 bland conduits and 200, yes 200, legendaries? How are they going to make all of those cool, they can't.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Don't watch it? Or report the video.

8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    The problem isn't the video, but the game. The new systems are just busted, underdeveloped and in the end just annoying and even irrelevant. It's likely correct that they just nerfed everything instead of releasing it as it was, but it just made everything sort of "meh".

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Levelling up is way more fun now than it ever was. A lot of improvements.

10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Ignoring something doesn't make it go away.
    Now obviously, this is subject to change still, but at this point I think they should just delay until next year. But that won't happen now that they've committed to releasing the pre-patch next week. They won't let that run for months.
    And another thing about the conduits that bother me is we'll be farming the same ones over and over the entire expansion as item levels increase. There is an option to upgrade them with currency, but that upgrade option is, get this, randomized!

You mean on the beta?

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Most of what they talked about appear to be active already.

12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    It's coming next week :D

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Have you played the classic version?

14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Yeah for about 3-4 weeks during launch. It was fun for a while but it's old. Nothing new for me to discover.
    I think what I liked most about it was how social it was.

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    I agree with that. I miss the PVP arena, but I'm working my way towards that again.

16. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    What the heck is this !?... Like the dude said in the vid, on paper a decent idea but I really hope they work on the implementation... This expansion is so far from baked atm, I fear for Diablo 4 and how the development of that will go if these new WoW expansions are anything to go by.

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Well... all you have to get done now is do the quest lines for Allied Races if you haven't done so yet. Because with the prepatch, all you need to unlock them is to have the quest lines done, there's no more rep grind requirement. Honestly, as long as you have done all your Allied Races quest lines and done your Pathfinder part 2, you're pretty much good to go.

Oh, and ideally, you want to get the Ny'alotha mount, and the Warfront transmog etc... But honestly, with prepatch coming soon just get the things above done and you're good to go. The main thing I would be focusing on is finding a decent guild that fits your criteria. Be it raiding or just finding a bunch of idiots to play with. Whatever floats your boat.

Yeah, corruption gear is going away next week, with prepatch. I personally didn't mind corruption gear. It added another layer to character development. You get corrupted gear and you get your cloak upgrades to negate corruption's negative effects. Nothing wrong with that. Take that out and you have a few hours of gameplay a week less to do. Plus, the visions were actually quite a cool little thing to do. But yep, they're gone in a few days.
    All of the content is getting a level squish. Not just SL. Meaning if you're going to do old content, it'll scale just about the same as it does now.
    If you find the game to be busted and meh, then don't play it. Sorted.
    It's a new WoW expansion. Did you expect it to launch in a state that is "finished"? That's not how it works. Things develop over time, SL will be here for 2 years or so and it'll grow and change with patches. This goes for every expansion WoW has had over the years. It's not like SL was going to launch in it's finite form, that would be boring. New systems will be introduced with time, patches will add catch up mechanics, balance will shift with patches. Otherwise you'd be playing the same game for thousands of hours over 2 years. Nobody wants to dot that.

A big part of a new expansion is that it launches in a state that is NEVER close to what the expansion is like towards it's end. SL will be a completely different game 2 years from now than it will be on launch day. And that's a good thing. Same goes for D4. Give me D4, let me play it and have fun and a few months into it's life, it'll have developed into something very different. That's what people want. You have to give people a reason to play and then switch it up, to make them play more. To give them a reason, a goal to play. That's what major patches are for.

And to wrap it up, I feel like this has been a bit of a "let's try to address a few things" post. I rambled. Sorry. But guys, I want to talk WoW and I want to talk SL. It'll by no means be a perfect game, but I'll be there. Because hey, what other MMO is there to be played right now?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  18. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    No I do not expect it to launch in a finished state, I was commenting on what Amaze said about the system looking really convoluted and I even said that I hope they work on it more before launch. I've been there for the launches of Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, WoD, Legion and BFA and all of them still needed work but none of these were delayed. I'm not throwing it at Blizzard just to say "oh look how incompetent they have become!" but I do think the delay along with a bunch of other things are fairly indicative that not all is entirely well at Blizzard at the moment.

19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    TBC was delayed.

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3(2GB)
    Took me around 4 days to get from 0 - 100. A lot quicker than it used to be.